The Benefits of Sugar!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Benefits of Sugar!!!

If you haven't seen it... I bet you'll enjoy it!!!

Vintage Ads Portrayed Sugar As Meth-Like Weightloss Powder

Oops... here the original. 10 Questionable Sugar Information Vintage Ads

Comment

after rehearsal, she'll watusi with the gang

Comment

ah i love crazy vintage ads
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

oh my.

Comment

The last one is my favorite: "If sugar is so fattening, why are kids so thin?"

I remember in the 70's eating Pixie Sticks by the dozen. A little straw filled with flavored sugar. And, there were not many fat kids back then. Makes you think...

Comment

Substitute whole grains for sugar and we have a lot of today's ads.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Danny Roddy must have been taking those ads to heart.
                Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

Well I guess I'm done with this primal thing then. I mean if my ancestors (i.e. parents) knew enough to eat candy and drink soda before meals to stay thin then who am I to argue. I better go clean the grass fed beef out of the freezer and fill it with cakes...

Comment

ok, send it to me
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Addiction hint: Use Drugs!

Drugs just might be the willpower you need to kick your drug addiction. We know it sounds odd - but it can work. Satisfy your craving by using drugs. Drugs work faster than anything else to turn your cravings for drugs down.

Comment

so like bosnic says, just do drugs!
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

Ah, the golden age of marketing

Comment

these ads are so riduculous !

Comment

I notice they all say "may" and "could" or some such... even then they were careful about wording.

Also... this may explain a LOT about the beliefs/actions of my parents generation. Evidently they were told that sugar was healthy... next step: FAT is evil, next step: sugar in moderation is fine eat all whole grain/low fat.
                              No fat:high sugar/grain/processed carb

It never worked. But they just keep plugging away at it.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X