Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Get Smarter & Become "Limitless"

What's up Primal People!

Hope you're doing well wherever you are in the world.

After recovering from my first attempt at the world's largest adventure race (The Anaconda Race), I have switched gears and turned to another project I've been working on.

After 4 months of learning, researching, and experimenting, I've written a piece in the vein of Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Body, but applied to the human brain. It's drawn from neuroscience, nutrition, fitness, and more. The response has been fantastic so far so the hard work has really paid off.

How to Get Smarter, Increase Your IQ & Be Limitless | TheFeelGoodLifestyle.com

I'm sharing this with you guys because so far you've been able to give great feedback (both the good & bad, I want to hear it both!) and I would love what you have to say on this article.

Some good tips but it comes off as peddling, especially the 'alphabrain' bullshit.

Comment

It might be because of the coffee I just drank, but I had a lot of fun reading that and I'm enthusiastic to start some of these. The lumosity website was particularly fun, I'll consider registering.

Limitless was an awful movie though. Great concept, terrible scenario.

Comment

Thank you for the post. I enjoyed lumosity so I signed the family up. I decided to incorporate it with my childrens lessons and so far (day 2), they are enjoying it.

Comment

Before ya'll jump on Lumosity: Why “Brain Training” doesn’t work The Stochastic Man

Comment

he's a peddler

Comment

Okay so we knew a lot of this from being primal anyway. Part of my primal journey has been to improve my mental health, specifically treating feelings of depression and anxiety. I found along the way that what works for my depression & anxiety also helps my overall feeling of mental clarity. There's information all over these forums and in primal/paleo/nutrition oriented mood self-help books that backs up the validity of everything he tried. I don't put much stock into "brain training" or anything related to IQ tests.

Too many variables. Peddler for sure.
              Depression Lies

Comment

there is no substitute for getting dirty with the hard stuffs.

instead of ego stroking luminosity fun time, whip out a calculus textbook and labor through it.

lift the weights.

sleep.

take an interest in many things.

these are the only ways to the good brains.

Comment

How to Get Smarter, Increase Your IQ...
                  Assuming the accuracy of IQ testing, that would be redundant.

I find that off-putting, given the premise of the post.

Comment

Nice article. Thanks.
                    And the meek shall inherit the earth.
                    What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Comment

I just tried the free Lumosity tests. They were kinda fun.

I'm sure as hell not going to fork over any cash for it though.
                      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Hey guys,

All right so some interesting comments there. I'm in transit from Malaysia to Indonesia and that's why I couldnt' reply earlier and I'll have to keep it brief.

First off: I don't work for Alpha Brain or anything. I'm not a peddler as you say. I would have recommended it anyways, so I figured I might as well get involved with their affiliate program and make a few bucks. Just finished my Master's degree and I've got massive debt, so I'm just trying to creative about the ways I do so.

I gotta say, I'm really surprised how much skepticism there is about nootropics. Have you guys even tried it? If not, come on.. Don't hate on something you haven't at least tried.

Second: Lumosity is definitely legit. That I have no doubt. Rhee, great idea to sign up your kids. Would have LOVED to have that when I was younger.

Thirdly: Dado: "these are the only ways to the good brains." Really?. You need to open yourself to new ideas IMO. Reading a calculus textbook is NOT the best way to get smarter..

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.. I'll try and work out my articles in a different way in the future so as to not come across as if I'm trying to sell something.

Seriously my goal with this article was to provide great information and the response has been overwhelming positive so I believe I've achieved that.

Andddd now I'm off to a deserted island in Indo for 2 weeks of camping on the beach/spearfishing/full primal living

Cheers,
                        Phil

Comment

Thirdly: Dado: "these are the only ways to the good brains." Really?. You need to open yourself to new ideas IMO. Reading a calculus textbook is NOT the best way to get smarter..
                          maybe, maybe not. how much calculus have you learned.. How did it compare to your system for improving brain function.

personally, Ive had 13 semester hours of calculus and susbtatnital other math classes invovling differential equations, partial differential equations etch ad nauseum. I considered it valuable

Comment

Originally posted by phildrolet View Post
                            First off: I don't work for Alpha Brain or anything......I figured I might as well get involved with their affiliate program and make a few bucks.

I'm not invested in this topic in any way, but this leapt out at me as contradictory. You may not be a salaried employee of theirs, but you are doing work for them.
                            carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by phildrolet View Post
                              Hey guys,

Just finished my Master's degree and I've got massive debt, so I'm just trying to creative about the ways I do so.
                              hahaha

you're not an honest man, phildrolet. this time you've spent 'earning' your 'master's' degree has been time wasted; no character, no wisdom, and a transparent game. save it for the floozies at the local pub.

you spit on the intelligent and earnest members of this forum with these petty antics.
                              Last edited by dado; 11-30-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X