Taste buds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste buds

Anyone noticed since going primal their taste buds have improved?
    Its been about 3 weeks since dropping grains and processed crap, and a taste of mango is the most delicious thing in the world, so so sweet. (I do eat very little fruit). Just the simple things taste really amazing.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

i have, i have noticed this. grok on.

Comment

Definetly noticed it. It's quite dramatic for some flavors.

Comment

Mmm, yes.
        Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

interesting hey?
          What do you think are the reasons for it, anyone know?

Comment

I've heard that salt and some flavor enhancers dull your taste. Try an experiment. Get something REALLY tasty and have a little. Then rub some salt on your tongue. Now have some more of the tasty stuff.

Comment

Yeah, that definitely happened to me. I recently tried some dry wines, and they tasted like wine coolers to me. It was pretty funny.

Comment

Definitely much more sensitive to the taste of sweet than I used to be, and less opposed to bitterness. I find 90% dark chocolate more than sweet enough to eat straight (I need to try baker's chocolate), and sweet potatoes are like candy, except they're good for me!

I think once you've eliminated all the hypernormal stimuli we're exposed to all the time (refined sugars, chemically-engineered flavors, etc.), then your taste becomes a much better guide to what is good to eat.
                Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

This has been happening in our home also. Sweet potatoes used to have to be drenched in sugar/marshmallows in order to taste "right", now they are awesome with just butter and maybe a pinch of cinnamon.

and thinking of marshmallows now makes my stomach turn. :-P

~Laura

~

Comment

I hear you. I think I got to 100% just recently. Meat, fruits, and vegetables are great for a while. The problem is that every once in a while you feel a need for something really satisfying. That once meant ice cream, cream, chocolate, greek yogurt w/ honey...well I made one change and feel 100% primal. Trail mix of nuts/seeds and dried fruit has become my favorite treat. I once pushed away nuts and seeds because of the O6 issue, but now I see them as the last piece to my puzzle. My taste buds did change, but they still wanted a little excitement once in a while.

Comment

Definitely happened with me. 90% cacao chocolate now seems quite sweet where it used to be far too bitter to eat.

Comment

Oh yes, foods taste totally different, there's so much more flavor in simple things. And yes, before Primal I probably would have spit out the 85% chocolate I now adore.
                        Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessa View Post
                          Oh yes, foods taste totally different, there's so much more flavor in simple things. And yes, before Primal I probably would have spit out the 85% chocolate I now adore.
                          +1
                          my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Comment

I also have a better sense of smell! So it's not just the taste, but I can SMELL things, and it's fantastic! (Except when it's things like cat vomit...things like that...)
                            Down from 275 to 250!
                            Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
                            Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Originally posted by Westly View Post
                              I also have a better sense of smell! So it's not just the taste, but I can SMELL things, and it's fantastic! (Except when it's things like cat vomit...things like that...)
                              I agree. While my taste has certainly and dramatically changed, the change in my sense of smell is more interesting to me. The smell of vegetable oils is now horrible. Before going primal I thought the smell (and taste) was neutral. One of my housemates made pancakes yesterday, complete with hot, microwaved, maple-flavored syrup... I had to step outside for fresh air.

Comment

Working...
                              X