Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Congress declare pizza "a vegetable".

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Congress declare pizza "a vegetable".

So...is this true?

Congress Reaps Pizza Harvest NotionsCapital

Title is inaccurate. They are saying that the 2 tbsp of tomato paste on a slice of pizza counts as a serving of veggies. They were originally going for .5 cup, I think,but the frozen pizza lobbyists got it kicked down.

To recap: lobbyists got Congress to keep the french fries and pizza, and rejected the notion of including more whole grains. Lose-lose.

Comment

The fact that lobbyists are even involved in this should really, really scare people. I know it's reality, but it pisses me off.
      http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadelynMc View Post
        The fact that lobbyists are even involved in this should really, really scare people. I know it's reality, but it pisses me off.

Is there any facet of government that does not involve lobbyists? As for the pizza thing, I don't have an issue with it. If the USDA/FDA/whomever classifies certain items as a serving of fruit/veg/whatever then more power to them. If 1/2 a cup of green peppers is a serving of vegetables, and I put 1/2 a cup on a pizza isn't that a serving of vegetables? Why would it be different for tomato paste?

Now the 1/2 cup vs. 2 tbs thing...yeah, that is just lobbying, but again, typical government.

Comment

Working...
        X