When a woman walks away...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a woman walks away...

...leaving you with no explanation, but pops up in your life 6 months, a year later...why? Emails like that allude to missing you and referencing things that were between the two of you, followed by long stretches of silence.

And you think "How can this person that I was involved with possibly be so childish as to play at stringing me along", but you can think of no other explanation.

And each time, despite yourself, the reappearance gives you hope, which gives way to crushing dissappointment in the silent weeks that follow...

Why?

Sounds like she wants to... but has unfinished business elsewhere holding her back.
    Very selfish to do that though. Cut the rope!
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

Because you have no life.

Because you are placing far too much emphasis on this other human being.

Because you need to get out and meet more people.

Because you haven't made it clear that you won't put up with any more of this bullshit.

Because you're not dating someone else already.

Comment

Tell her to fuck off. Then you simply move along with your life. Problem solved. If the problem's not solved, the issue rests with you and you need to address why you think it's okay to feel hope over a situation that is so clearly shitty.

Hope I don't come across as a total asshole (just 2/3 of one), but that's how it goes. Either you've moved on or you haven't. If you have, tell her piss off. If you haven't, you need to take action to do so because that kind of horseshit behaviour belongs at a grade 7 school gym dance.
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

...or y'know...

The only reason a woman walks away is so that you can watch her ass as she leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
            Because you are placing far too much emphasis on this other human being.

Because you need to get out and meet more people.

Because you haven't made it clear that you won't put up with any more of this bullshit.

Because you're not dating someone else already.
            I agree with the above 4 of 5.
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Tell her to fuck off. Then you simply move along with your life. Problem solved. If the problem's not solved, the issue rests with you and you need to address why you think it's okay to feel hope over a situation that is so clearly shitty.

Hope I don't come across as a total asshole (just 2/3 of one), but that's how it goes. Either you've moved on or you haven't. If you have, tell her piss off. If you haven't, you need to take action to do so because that kind of horseshit behaviour belongs at a grade 7 school gym dance.
              Aye, thy filthy pirate mouth speakest troof.

Go out and date 10 other women, and see if this still bothers you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicator View Post
                ...leaving you with no explanation, but pops up in your life 6 months, a year later...why? Emails like that allude to missing you and referencing things that were between the two of you, followed by long stretches of silence.
                And you think "How can this person that I was involved with possibly be so childish as to play at stringing me along", but you can think of no other explanation.
                And each time, despite yourself, the reappearance gives you hope, which gives way to crushing dissappointment in the silent weeks that follow...
                Why?
                Tell her that there are Plenty of Other Fish in the sea. Then go here to prove it:
                Free Online Dating at POF.comô

Your next romance will likely be FAR better !

Grizz

Comment

Because you're a beta and she knows that she is the best you can do
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                    Because you're a beta and she knows that she is the best you can do
                    Wrong.

YOU kenn, are a beta.

This guy's a gamma.

Your analysis of social darwinism sucks.

Betas thump their chests and challenge each other for the temporary position of "alpha".

Comment

She's likely coming back to you every time some dude dumps her. You take her back and she gets to validate her self-worth again. Nip that shit in the bud NOW. She's a cornflake. Stay true to your primal self and stay away from the flakes. Do it for your health, Nic.
                      I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                        Wrong.

YOU kenn, are a beta.

This guy's a gamma.

Your analysis of social darwinism sucks.

Betas thump their chests and challenge each other for the temporary position of "alpha".
                        *yawns*
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                          She's likely coming back to you every time some dude dumps her. You take her back and she gets to validate her self-worth again. Nip that shit in the bud NOW. She's a cornflake. Stay true to your primal self and stay away from the flakes. Do it for your health, Nic.
                          As a woman I totally agree. She is probably being strung along by some dude like she is stringing the OP along. Sorry Nic, but it seems like you are the second choice "safe" guy. I suggest being an asshole to her and the dynamic will change. Any dude that will allow someone to run over them will never get respect. I never respected any man that would let me run over him. Even though I didn't run over these types of men I knew I could and perceived them as being weak. Overly nice/safe guys ALWAYS FINISH LAST!

Comment

this just happened to me this week. My ex boyfriend keeps coming back but only when he seems fit or it suits him. today, i finally said i was over this bs and i finally feel numb to him and his tactics. It is funny though, to see how he thought what he would say to get me back would work this time. sorry, no more emotional strings for u to pull at buddy. I think he is in shock. I don't think it is right for women or men to play games especially if they are just doing it because they know they can or they think it is fun. don't be someone's option or back up plan!
                            I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

I've dated since her. Turns out women can tell when your heart's not in it. Who would have thought...

But yeah, she's flaky. Why not, she's a perfect ten, she's got plenty of choices. I just expected more of her I guess...I thought we had a bond and she wouldn't use me so childishly out of respect for that.

Oh well. Here's to hoping I'll find someone that cuts deeper soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X