Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit tired of Durianrider lying about the paleo/primal diet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit tired of Durianrider lying about the paleo/primal diet...

Heya guys

I'm actually posting this around a little bit, as it got to me!

Harley (durianrider) is a raw vegan who is generally a pretty alright and well-intentioned guy, but in some videos such as the one below, seems to just flat-out lie about the primal/paleo diet:

PALEO PRIMAL LOW CARB ATHLETIC DOMINATION!! #274 - YouTube

I guess I just wanted to get some more people's input on this, because additionally when I tried to reason with him (as you can see in the comments) I was blocked!

Anyway... let me know what you think!

Hoppimike

No one here cares about this guy. Also you are obviously a troll trying to stir up the same old garbage. Close the thread.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Buahahahahah that video is hilarious!

seriously, watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        No one here cares about this guy. Also you are obviously a troll trying to stir up the same old garbage. Close the thread.
        I agree. Banana Boy couldn't be more irrelevant.

Comment

If I were a fast runner (I'm alright but nowhere near fast) I would love to race him, hell I'd even try it after a 40 hour fast like Dado suggested somewhere else.

The whole raw food vegan movement is a bunch of crazies, its like a cult. Richard from feed the animal put if well when he said its got religious elements to it, all the guilt and shame they try to put on you, not to meantion all the BS that comes out of their mouths.

That said the video was kind of funny, as is "lol hes so full of shit".
          www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            whoa O.O

Nice welcome...

I was trying to stick up for you guys because I thought he did you an injustice, basically, and it annoyed me that someone can get away with it. And that he got loads of support from his (pretty much brainwashed) main follower base for it!

I'm not trying to "stir" anything, and I apologize if this is considered old garbage around here but I am new so I have no idea what is new and what is old!

Originally posted by dado View Post
            Buahahahahah that video is hilarious!

seriously, watch it
            hehe thanks man, glad you found it entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I agree. Banana Boy couldn't be more irrelevant.
              And nothing wrong with bananas, they are perfectly paleo (well, as paleo as anything else in this crazy modern world!)

Comment

Hahaha, His voice reminds me of Dave Hughes :P

Comment

Originally posted by hoppimike View Post
                  whoa O.O

Nice welcome...

I was trying to stick up for you guys because I thought he did you an injustice, basically, and it annoyed me that someone can get away with it. And that he got loads of support from his (pretty much brainwashed) main follower base for it!

I'm not trying to "stir" anything, and I apologize if this is considered old garbage around here but I am new so I have no idea what is new and what is old!
                  Sorry if you felt shut down but this group has a history of sending undercover trolls in to stir things up. The less said about them the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    Sorry if you felt shut down but this group has a history of sending undercover trolls in to stir things up. The less said about them the better.
                    lol seriously?? You get people from there sneaking in to cause trouble?

I'm not like that

Even though I have my little ethical qualms with meat eating, I am fascinated by human evolution and biology, and to deny our meat-eating history and development or to downplay it is to my mind insanity!

I'll let this lie if you'd rather not talk about it anymore!!
                    Last edited by hoppimike; 11-10-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hello again Harley, a.k.a. Banana Boy, a.k.a hoppimike.
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Nah, he's way easier to understand than Dave Hughes, funnier too.
                        Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                        Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                        Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                        Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

great vid! I did a season of triathlon and running races and yep the norm is higher carb than strict paleo. But the ratio is not a whole lot different than the Zone but with added carbs (high GL) around training. Hitting the wall or bonking is very real, but I've never had it happen in less than a 90 min workout adn usually going at like zone 3 not 1 or 2.

I have the Paleo for Athletes book adn it's clear in there you need carbs to perform.

I do think it's funny that Cordain doesn't practice what he preaches...and when his death hit's (and he's bloated like now) it will be akin to Atkin's death (in the eye's of the media) I figure.

But the vid shows a fatty with bacon and eggs and calls them paleo hahaha - nope that person has an eating disorder/addiction

Comment

Originally posted by hoppimike View Post
                            lol seriously?? You get people from there sneaking in to cause trouble?

I'm not like that

Even though I have my little ethical qualms with meat eating, I am fascinated by human evolution and biology, and to deny our meat-eating history and development or to downplay it is to my mind insanity!

I'll let this lie if you'd rather not talk about it anymore!!
                            ethical qualms with meat eating? what could these qualms be? do you have ethical qualms with lions hunting zebras? maybe we need to educate the lions.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                              ethical qualms with meat eating? what could these qualms be? do you have ethical qualms with lions hunting zebras? maybe we need to educate the lions.
                              That kind of logic doesn't work with banana brains. If you have sharp pointy teeth and ferocious claws you qualify as meat eater. Having large brains and using tools only qualifies you as being a banana junkie.

Comment

Working...
                              X