Traditional turkey dinner costs 13% more than a year ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traditional turkey dinner costs 13% more than a year ago

A meal with turkey and all the trimmings will cost about 13% more this holiday compared to last year, the American Farm Bureau Federation reported Thursday.

The AFBF estimates the average cost to make a meal for 10 people is $49.20. That's $5.73 more than last year's average of $43.47.

Typical Thanksgiving dinner costs 13% more

My turkey is going to cost more than that. Well, it is a lovely free-range, pastured locally grown turkey...

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

Comment

I just want the turkey - they can keep the rest of it. Green bean casserole looks like it's already been eaten once, marshmallows on sweet potatoes is a sacriledge and mashed potatoes/gravy is the most disgusting food on the planet.

Comment

It's because Obama killed Osama
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

It is called inflation. It's how DC pays for all those bailouts and other nonsense without raising your tax rate.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverNeighbor View Post
            It is called inflation. It's how DC pays for all those bailouts and other nonsense without raising your tax rate.
            Except though, as Rothbard said, inflation is a tax.
            Read. The. Book.

Comment

many grocery prices went up the last few months. from what i've seen around here, between 20 and 60 cents
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

I noticed that adding an espresso shot to my coffee at Starbucks now costs $0.80 instead of just $0.60.

If you think things are bad now, just wait for the next banker bailout.

Comment

Mine will be less -- a big ol' prime rib with horseradish. I don't need no stinkin' side dishes!

Comment

It's one of those times when I'm extra happy we have no family nearby or friends that we'd to T-day with. Maybe take the dogs out to a park that's usually overrun with people and pig-out on whatever we want. Probably not turkey.
                    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                    X