Duggars expecting 20th child...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duggars expecting 20th child...

Just wondering what you all think of this...

Duggar Family Expecting 20th Child: '19 Kids And Counting' Mom Pregnant

Duggar's 20th Pregnancy: Is It Safe? | Fox News

Due in April, 45-year-old Michelle Duggar knows about the complications her age may place on her pregnancy, that's why she's putting in a good hour each day on the elliptical she was given for her birthday. "I'm really in better shape than I've been in 20 years," she said.

So could this be the last child for the big family? "I don't know how it happened," Jim Bob joked. "We didn't want to stop at an odd number."

"We are so excited," Michelle said. "I was not thinking that God would give us another one, and we are just so grateful."

She should be careful, after 19 kids this one might just crawl out when its ready. :-)
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day
    sigpic

Comment

Never heard of them before but it looks like that's what they want, so it's awesome. From pics they look like a very decent family. But it must be quite a challenge to handle the logistics of having 20 kids.

And the comments on Huffington Post? Just a bunch of frothy mouthed keyboard critics without any idea of family values. Most of their comments make no sense at all.
      Primal Matrix - primal/paleo news feeds aggregator
      LowCarbFlix - carb free videos

Comment

This is all I can think of. Sorry:
        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

IMO if they want that many kids that's their deal: however they must need to be in the public eye to pay for them - just my opinion anyway.

Comment

Many of the people on this forum support primal eating on the basis of being environmentally friendly, but having 20 kids because God tells them so is perfectly okay? I think all of us agree that the world is overpopulated as it is, do we not? Just throwing this out there.

Comment

It's not anyone's business but their own. If they can raise them and care for them responsibly and the kids are loved and cared for, all the more power to them.

Having that many kids is not for me though. Yikes!
              There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

[QUOTE=Griffin;621049]It's not anyone's business but their own. If they can raise them and care for them responsibly and the kids are loved and cared for, all the more power to them.

But it is everyones business - they're on TV

Comment

If they want to have that many kids, it's their business, but I have to say I'm really surprised that they are having more after the difficulties from birth 19. I believe I read somewhere that the doctors told her she shouldn't have any more after that one for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                    It's not anyone's business but their own. If they can raise them and care for them responsibly and the kids are loved and cared for, all the more power to them.
                    Do they? Or do they rely on the older children to raise their younger siblings?

Comment

I have 2 kids and there is no way that I can see someone being able to really give each of 20 children the time they need with their parents. I find it difficult enough to make sure each of my twins get their individual time with me.

Comment

The kids raise each other on a buddy system. The Discovery Channel paid to finish their home. They live debt free due to investments in properties, etc.

I'm a conservative Christian like they are (well, not nearly as orthodox), but I think they're more than a little insane. That said, they are MILES ahead of that Octomom nut, who can't take care of her kids.
                        carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by Dig62 View Post
                          Many of the people on this forum support primal eating on the basis of being environmentally friendly, but having 20 kids because God tells them so is perfectly okay? I think all of us agree that the world is overpopulated as it is, do we not? Just throwing this out there.
                          Ya, it is overpopulated. But you have to look at the quality of the people that are overpopulating it. I don't know the Duggars, but if they are intelligent, ya, we need to have people like this have 20 kids and the other-quality people have less kids. That's pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                            Ya, it is overpopulated. But you have to look at the quality of the people that are overpopulating it. I don't know the Duggars, but if they are intelligent, ya, we need to have people like this have 20 kids and the other-quality people have less kids. That's pretty simple.
                            Small problem with that. The engineers and craftspeople and thinkers are looking around and saying "We don't need any more." It's the ones that are less observant about the state of things that are having large families.
                            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I am not sure if I would call them 'intelligent'. The mother is putting her heath and the health of her unborn child at risk. Her last pregnancy was fraught with health issues and I believe they had to induce labor early as well. Honestly, it seems really irresponsible at this point. But that's just my opinion.

I think they're a bunch of crazies.

Comment

Working...
                              X