Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico vacation panic

Hi,
    I'm new to this. I'm 6 weeks into going primal. Not totally there but doing very well. Lost 5 lb so far. Just this last week my energy has really picked up. Finally over the low carb flu thing. I am going to Mexico in 2 days. One of those all-inclusives over indulging places. Going with friends that I know will be in full party mode. I think I'll be find with the food because there is always buffets with lots of wise options. My biggest concern is the drinking. Red wind is awful in Mexico. My friends will be pounding them down. I plan on staying away from all the fruity sweet drinks but I'm sure I'll have my far share. Just don't want to undo everything I've do so far. Any tips on choices or advise. If you slip for a week is it like starting all over?
    Thx

Don't drink the water, that include ice...(doesn't affect everyone)

Drink Tequila straight, add a lime if you need
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

If you are panicking over a vacation, you are taking your diet too seriously.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

You don't know how many times I have told myself that. Good advise.

Comment

You may get bloated and sick but having a good time with friends and creating good memories are worth it. You might get "set back" a week but no more.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Bloating in a new bikini. Not good. Just kidding, i know vacations are too special to get hung up about. Thanks for info.

Comment

You could not drink? Or is that too crazy?
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I'm sure I'll drink a lot less then past vacation. Much more in tune with my body but yah, idea of not drinking seems crazy.

Comment

When I travel I try very hard to keep two meals a day primal and then have whatever I want on the last meal. I don't freak if I can't do it, or if the meal is only "sort of" primal. If there is something the area is really well know for I always indulge even if not primal because I really love food
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Thanks. The two meals thing should work out good. That would be breakfast and lunch at the buffets which have lots of choices. Thank god guacamole is allowed :-)

Comment

The ice will be fine at an all inclusive resort, so will the water. (how do you think they make all those slushy drinks?) Although I will say, I never drank the water straight, always had a huge bottle with me. But i did drink slushy beverages. I suggest rum/soda water/lime. If you can get your hand on some mint that would be great too. Unsweetened mojitos are delicious and super refreshing.

And no it won't be like starting over. You have built your foundation, and know what it takes to maintain this lifestyle, right? Have fun.

Comment

Where are you going in MX if you dont mind me asking? I went to an all inclusive in Xpu-ha last year and got married and it was fabulous! I say don't worry about it too much and enjoy paradise! Hope you have a great time

Comment

Originally posted by Tbtracy View Post
                          Bloating in a new bikini. Not good. Just kidding, i know vacations are too special to get hung up about. Thanks for info.
                          I agree with that...bloat sucks in a two piece

Comment

Northern California margarita. Club soda, tequila, lime juice. That's what I drank when I was in Mexico.

I also had pina coladas, daiquiris, and other sweet drinks though.

My journal

Comment

Mexico's wine industry is growing up. I really like a bunch of the Mexican wines I've tried. Stick with red wine and vodka with soda water and lime.
                              www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

Working...
                              X