No announcement yet.

Nigella Lawson vs Gillian McKeith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have such a girl crush on Nigella. I want to be like her when I grow up.

Maybe that should be my goal.
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Comment

I love Gillian McKeith because she is endearingly insane. I used to watch her show "What Not To Eat" when I was trying to lose weight, before I went primal. I loved her aggressive intervention style, like making people visit their own gravestones made of chocolate. She was so convincing at the time despite her disturbing scatalogical fetish. I still have a can of adzuki beans from when she was touting it as a wonder food.

One scene from that show really stuck with me, though. There was a guy who could not get enough pork sausages. Gillian led him into freezer van full of butchered pigs. This was meant to turn him off pork forever. In fact, it just made him hungry. I am now that man.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
        I love Gillian McKeith because she is endearingly insane. I used to watch her show "What Not To Eat" when I was trying to lose weight, before I went primal. I loved her aggressive intervention style, like making people visit their own gravestones made of chocolate. She was so convincing at the time despite her disturbing scatalogical fetish. I still have a can of adzuki beans from when she was touting it as a wonder food.

One scene from that show really stuck with me, though. There was a guy who could not get enough pork sausages. Gillian led him into freezer van full of butchered pigs. This was meant to turn him off pork forever. In fact, it just made him hungry. I am now that man.
        Lol- that makes me think of the veggies that say "You wouldn't look at a freshly slaughtered animal and be hungry- so we're not supposed to eat them." Honey, maybe you aren't hungry . . .
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

oh that's like my fish-eating "vegetarian" boss - his attitude is totally "ooooh meat is skeery"

Comment

i watched that gillian show a few times. I don't remember anything but sugar/pastry freaks tho. I really don't remember much about that show except the poop (weird) and the fact that i felt somewhat relieved that it wasn't just americans who were fat!

Comment

Hahaha, whoever put this video together is a terrible person, who needs to be my friend. Right now.
              Not done yet...

Comment

Nigella...

The things I would do.

I'm not sure if she'd even make it out alive.
                “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Oooohhh I've had a thing for Nigella since I first saw her on... I think it was Oprah probably 7 or 8 years ago. She may have gained a couple of pounds in that time, but a bit older and curvier definitely works for her.

Oh, to make her sing.....
                  Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Originally posted by magnus84 View Post

Hahaha, whoever put this video together is a terrible person, who needs to be my friend. Right now.
                    This was hilarious!!
                    Height: 5ft 9"
                    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
                    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
                    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
                    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
                    ~Albert Einstein~

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                      How did I guess that quelsen would make an appearance in a Nigella thread?
                      you know me better than i expect anyone too. what gave me away?
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                        Nigella...

The things I would do.

I'm not sure if she'd even make it out alive.
                        I have said this on many occasions. we have to go in halves or i wil just have to kill you first LOL
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

This thread made me miss "Nigella Bites", so I bought a copy of "How to Eat" for my Kindle.

The recipes are actually not too far from primal. She even has a few gluten free cakes in there (using almond flour). I'm sure she's eating tons of bread with a lot of these stews and such (to say nothing of the sweeteners), but so far I've found little I can't easily tweak and fit into my paleo life.

Also, it is impossible to read that book without hearing her voice, all deep and sultry and Britishy. Great at bedtime! <_< >_> ^_^
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

I think it needs to be mentioned that Gillian McKeith probably look that way purely as a result of her neurosis. She has a 'mad cat lady' look.
                            Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                            Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                            The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                            Brute Force Sandbags
                            www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                            http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Well I guess I'm unique then, as I absolutely cannot stand that politician's brat.

Comment

While Gillian's way of eating may not be for us, the crap she took out of those people's houses on her show and replaced with real food was pretty amazing. I cracked up everytime she asked for a poo sample. Low brow humor, I know.

If we had pics of them in their 20s, we'd probably all still come to the same conclusion: Nigella is a stunner!

There used to be a saying that you can keep your body or you can keep your face. IOW, a little plumpness in middle age may help fill out the wrinkles a bit.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X