Places for PB food etc in Australia- list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Long time, no post! I'm wondering if anyone lives in the shoalhaven area because I'm going to be moving to gerringong at the end of this year. In wondering what it's like to get organic meat there. Also, I've always heard about people making friends with farmers and buying meat, veggies, eggs and unpasteurised milk (of course not for human consumption!) directly from them but is that something that actually happens? Im not very social. How do you actually contact a farmer and ask "hey can we cut out the middle man and I'll buy eggs and some of that latest spinach crop straight from you?"

Comment

• Anyone in melbourne know where I can get some unpasteurized sauerkraut here? (I know I can make my own but Im only going to be here for a month and a half and it'll take a month before its ready if I make it myself).

Thanks

Comment

• South Coast/Southern Highlands. I'm moving to Gerringong soon and I found this organisation that seems kinda like a co-op type this. You choose a pre-made selection of veggies, fruit etc or pick what you want (all local) online on a monday and pick up your order on the thursday from gerringong. Looks pretty good. They offer eggs and grassfed meat too from the southern highlands

Greenbox.org.au | Non-Profit Food Co-Op
        Last edited by SophieE; 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi All, New Primalite here! Live in Melbourne, just went to IGA and got some of the Grass Fed Beef Has anyone gone to the CostCo in Melbourne/Australia? Want to go but you cannot browse without paying the $60 membership fee. Also I have recently found Prahran Health Foods, its a good store for all things Paleo/Primal.

Comment

• You can find organic raw milk, cream and sometimes butter at prahran markets. Good place! Plus you can find raw cheese in the cheese deli's!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ozbuckley View Post
              You can find organic raw milk, cream and sometimes butter at prahran markets. Good place! Plus you can find raw cheese in the cheese deli's!!!
              Great I will have a look thanks. Got my grass fed beef from one of the butchers there but didnt look for dairy. Also just found a paleo/primal meet up group for Melbourne on meet up.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                I always get my meat from here and love it.
                That is handy, thanks. Farmers market in Lane Cove, too.

Comment

• Guys, what do you think of Woolies barbeque chicken? Would they bother smothering it in oil or just cook. I wonder about that with any rotisserie chicken - because it is turning and its own juices covering it self, do they waste money on oil? Thanks

Comment

• Does anyone know of a farmers market or anywhere i can get raw goat milk in melbourne? I tried mulgrave but was informed by swampys he doesnt sell it anymore.

Comment

• Aldi (at least in my town) have just started stocking smoked rainbow trout, no nitrates or other artificial ingredients. Just wood smoked and salted trout. It is a product of Denmark (so not sure how 'clean' it is). But it is delicious!! $3.99 for 100g.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                        Aldi (at least in my town) have just started stocking smoked rainbow trout, no nitrates or other artificial ingredients. Just wood smoked and salted trout. It is a product of Denmark (so not sure how 'clean' it is). But it is delicious!! $3.99 for 100g.
                        Ooh! That sounds really good! I'm going to check where my nearest aldi is and maybe head there today!!

Comment

• Woolies for the past month or so have had almond spread for about $5 for the past month or so. I've been stocking up. Usually in other places its about $7 - 10.

Comment

• I got some almond and a cashew nut butter for $5 each and a coconut oil today. I prefer the almond butter from Coles though. What do people spread it on?? Apples are getting boring and can't eat it on its own.

Comment

• There is a new food outlet in MLC Centre in Sydney called "Thrive". It has high protein, low carb, no sugar food.

On the counter is the Primal Blueprint and the Four Hour Body. Awesome.

I am eating a delicious lunch bowl of salad greens, perfectly cooked minute steak, roasted capsicum and onion jam (no sugar).

Check it out.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I live in Sydney and thought I would share where i get my groceries from. My meat is usually from Woolies, the organic branded stuff. I also buy kangaroo and rabbit from coles every now and then. I've just recently ordered grass fed and finished beef from greenhill organic butcher, which ill be picking up this Saturday.

Aldi have tuna which is in olive oil, and some other wild caught fish which is helpful. They also stock a brand of sausages which have no rice meal in them. Quite a few health food stores in Sydney also have kelp noodles, which are great and only made of seaweed! Trial and error helped me find different sources around my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X