Places for PB food etc in Australia- list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peril View Post
    Quite a few greengrocers on the Northern Beaches have the cream skinned, pale purple sweet potatoes. However, there is a Chinese grocer in Dee Why who sometimes has the real deal. I'll eat whichever I can get. They're both better than kumera
    Do you know the name of the Chinese grocer or where it is specifically? I googled but there were a few.

Comment

• SophieE, I work in Bondi Junction and haven't seen the Suveran Cafe... I'll definitely check it out Hopefully it's not too far, so I can have lunch there all the time Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Sophie,

Is that Aroy D coconut milk UHT treated? Im guessing it is if it comes tetra packed

Comment

• Aldi now stocks grass feed beef in two steak packs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SophieE View Post
            Do you know the name of the Chinese grocer or where it is specifically? I googled but there were a few.
            Mao Sheng. Is on the north side of Oaks Ave opposite Woolies. Shop runs through to a carpark in Howard Ave. The sweet potatoes are usually in a box outside the carpark entrance
            Last edited by peril; 12-23-2011, 07:56 PM.
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• Originally posted by ozbuckley View Post
              Sophie,

Is that Aroy D coconut milk UHT treated? Im guessing it is if it comes tetra packed
              Yeh it is... Pretty unavoidable unless there's a shop with a coconut milk press.
              Originally posted by Jovana View Post
              SophieE, I work in Bondi Junction and haven't seen the Suveran Cafe... I'll definitely check it out Hopefully it's not too far, so I can have lunch there all the time Thanks for the tip
              Its about a 5 minute walk from Westfield. Opposite About Life.

Comment

• Hi All

Back home for Christmas and I am staying in Fairlfield (vic) and I popped into Organic Gertrude, 108 Station Street. They have the typical stuff, but they also have raw milk and cream. On the front it says for cosmetic purposes only and it is left to you what to do with it.I also found little sachets of coconut butter in Victoria Market, which I though would be brilliant if you were out and about.

Just a comment, I have not been home for about 4 years, and Melbourne has always been quite foody but it seems to be bordering on obsession, I am not sure how all the cute cafes etc are making money (perhaps that explains the extortionate prices!!). I live in Italy and that is the home of food culture, but food is not constantly.available.24.hours.a.day. I think too because I am primal, I eat, I am not hungry and I am amazed that people need all these pitstops!
                Life. Be in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belforte View Post
                  Hi All

Back home for Christmas and I am staying in Fairlfield (vic) and I popped into Organic Gertrude, 108 Station Street. They have the typical stuff, but they also have raw milk and cream. On the front it says for cosmetic purposes only and it is left to you what to do with it.I also found little sachets of coconut butter in Victoria Market, which I though would be brilliant if you were out and about.

Just a comment, I have not been home for about 4 years, and Melbourne has always been quite foody but it seems to be bordering on obsession, I am not sure how all the cute cafes etc are making money (perhaps that explains the extortionate prices!!). I live in Italy and that is the home of food culture, but food is not constantly.available.24.hours.a.day. I think too because I am primal, I eat, I am not hungry and I am amazed that people need all these pitstops!
                  Try a trip to Chaddie or Doncaster and tell me what you think after seeing the pletora of cafes there! Crazy!! Melbourne has upped it in the food-stakes, especially after MasterChef, it's like everyone is a chef these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belforte View Post
                    Hi All

Hi Belforte, since you are in Fairfield, you may want to take a trip up the road to "Naturally on High" ( They are in High St Thornbury, just near cnr Clarendon & High Sts) They have a huge range of organics, biggest nut and dairy range I've seen and prices are great. They also stock Ruby Hills raw milk ( delicious) and harder to come by.

Comment

• What's the biggest Asian supermarket in Canberra? I forgot to pick up dried whitebait from the one in market city before I left for canberra and I'm going to be camping so I would really like some.
                      Last edited by SophieE; 12-25-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sourcat View Post
                        Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.
                        Its illegal to sell real jerky in Australia. Real jerky is uncooked just dehydrated and thus violates health laws. Hence they have to add preservatives to it.

Originally posted by SophieE View Post
                        does it still keep for as long as store bought? Like could you have it in a backpack hiking for a few days?
                        If you make real home made jerky and keep it dry and sealed it will last a lot longer than a few days.
                        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• There is an Asian grocery at the Fyshwick markets but I'm pretty sure they don't open this week??? Dickson might be the best place to try.
                          Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                          Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                          Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                          Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                            Its illegal to sell real jerky in Australia. Real jerky is uncooked just dehydrated and thus violates health laws. Hence they have to add preservatives to it.

If you make real home made jerky and keep it dry and sealed it will last a lot longer than a few days.
                            geromino jerky say they use no preservatives

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                              geromino jerky say they use no preservatives
                              Did you hear back from Allowrie regarding if their products are grass fed?

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone has posted this. This is the coconut oil I've been buying. Alcara Health, called frysafe. It's organic, they've refine it to remove the coconut taste. They're in Brisbane, not sure if you can buy directly off them as I don't live in Bris.

Aclara Health Coconut Products

I buy 2 x 4lt buckets from this place
                                Aclara Health Products - Certified Organic - Gourmet Superfoods

If you're travelling through Gympie (say to Rainbow Beach or to Tin Can Bay) and need some fresh meat, St Terrace Butchery is the place to go. You can even order nitrate free bacon before hand. It's all grass fed and local meats.
                                My Butcher in Duke St also stock some pretty darned nice beef.
                                Eumundi has an organic butcher as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X