Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places for PB food etc in Australia- list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh yes I love Sukin!! Smells amazing and is actually quite cheap (the skin care range anyway) in comparison to the usual stuff.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ataahua View Post
      Oh yes I love Sukin!! Smells amazing and is actually quite cheap (the skin care range anyway) in comparison to the usual stuff.
      Yes it's affordable, stocked everywhere, and is a very clean product.

      Comment


      • I love Sukin for everything, and its all made in Australia too

        Comment


        • Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sourcat View Post
            Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.
            No, I've been looking but they're all full of crap. Maybe thinking of getting a food dehydrator and start making this sort of stuff myself.

            Comment


            • Geronimo Jerky
              The Jerky

              Comment


              • I use gaia skin organics, I don't use shampoo much but if I do I use the baby shampoo (because we still have some left over), I use the body wash and face cleanser, I have the toner but don't really use toner and I use the moisturiser. I don't wear make up very often and I find this stuff does the job, it is free from parabens and sls's and is made here.

                Comment


                • I use organic deodorant too, I've found the dr organics brand, the manuka honey variety to be the best

                  Comment


                  • Ah that sucks about the organic care range. I get pretty slack about natural body care products.. I should be more diligent.

                    Grain-free black pudding (blood sausage)- Morcilla Andaluza: sydney: Sydney Fish Markets the deli inside. cooking tip: slice into 1 inch slices and cook in oil/fat (less internal fat than normal black pudding). Easier to keep together while cooking than normal black pudding. Tastes great- pretty much the same.
                    Last edited by SophieE; 12-19-2011, 02:11 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
                      No, I've been looking but they're all full of crap. Maybe thinking of getting a food dehydrator and start making this sort of stuff myself.
                      Definitely worth doing. You'll end up saving money making your own, the ingredients are under your total control, and it tastes better than commercial stuff too. Especially warm, straight out of the dehydrator (yum).
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

                      Oscar Wilde

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                        Definitely worth doing. You'll end up saving money making your own, the ingredients are under your total control, and it tastes better than commercial stuff too. Especially warm, straight out of the dehydrator (yum).
                        does it still keep for as long as store bought? Like could you have it in a backpack hiking for a few days?

                        Comment


                        • Went to Great Earth in Camberwell today. It was awesome, a primal heaven!

                          Comment


                          • Sydney: grain-free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free etc etc Non-vegetarian cafe: Bondi Junction: "The Suveran": I haven't eaten there yet because I was full when I discovered it yesterday. I can only hope that when I ask they don't tell me that everything is full of vegetable oil and agave etc

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SophieE View Post
                              Sydney: grain-free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free etc etc Non-vegetarian cafe: Bondi Junction: "The Suveran": I haven't eaten there yet because I was full when I discovered it yesterday. I can only hope that when I ask they don't tell me that everything is full of vegetable oil and agave etc
                              It sounds great. I looked up the menu though and it doesn't sound very appetising unless you're into sprouted things Untitled Document

                              I know there are Paleo restaurants in Europe and the US. Maybe they will make their way out here eventually!
                              Became Primal August 2011

                              SW - 84kg / 185lb
                              CW - 60kg / 132lb
                              GW - 60kg / 132lb

                              Comment


                              • It does sound a bit sprouty doesn't it? It's funny because it would've been so much easier for them to just not use meals that require breadiness. But it was busy which shows demand and people will see that and perhaps open up primal-esque eateries of their own! (optimism!!)

                                Canberra- grain free bakery. I'm checking out their nutritional profiles as we speak. I'm not that obsessed with grain free baked goods but i know my boyfriend would certainly appreciate it. If it's high carb I won't tell him about it though. UPDATE: ingredients include sunflower oil Gross. http://secure.deeks.com.au/index2.html
                                Last edited by SophieE; 12-20-2011, 04:34 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X