No announcement yet.

Places for PB food etc in Australia- list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re the Indian, we went to a favourite place a few weeks ago and I asked a question about nuts (allergic child) and they ended up telling me I didn't need to worry about oils because they cook absolutely everything in canola oil. Was delicious anyway.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljq309 View Post
      Re the Indian, we went to a favourite place a few weeks ago and I asked a question about nuts (allergic child) and they ended up telling me I didn't need to worry about oils because they cook absolutely everything in canola oil. Was delicious anyway.
      One thing that worries me about Indian (unless it's a quality place) is the use of colours and mixes full of msg and preservatives. My local India also add a lot of sugar to their dishes. The quality-joints are far better though, they use ghee and make curry pastes from scratch.

Comment

• The Free Range Butcher in Sydney
        Meri bilong mi i belhot!

Comment

• Any good website for meat etc that deliver to all areas, not just metros?
          Believe and achieve.

Comment

• I'm going to have to ask about ghee at my Indian place now...

I found xylitol at the Health Emporium on bondi rd in Sydney (I know it's not really primal but mark seemed kinda for it in an article n I wanted to try it out- tastes great! Not like Stevia- yuck!)

Does anyone know where I can find an unsweetened natural-ish cola extract somewhere? My boyfriend is addicted to coke and I thought I'd maybe be able to mix up something less poisonous with some xylitol, citric acid, carbonated water and cola extract. He tried canned zevia cola and didnt like it (nor did I- that Stevia taste isnt great...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sambo View Post
              I always get my meat from here and love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalJosh View Post
                Any good website for meat etc that deliver to all areas, not just metros?
                Are you more rural or just outer suburban? If rural, I'd be hitting up local farmers.

Comment

• Went to Grill'd for lunch today. All their burgers are available without buns. I had the Melbourne - egg, bacon, meat & salad. It was great & very easy, also their meat is all grass fed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sourcat View Post
                    Went to Grill'd for lunch today. All their burgers are available without buns. I had the Melbourne - egg, bacon, meat & salad. It was great & very easy, also their meat is all grass fed.
                    Wow good to know as I frequent Doncaster and Burwood One all the time, and both have Grill'd!

Comment

• Very good to know! Though I wonder about what kind of oil they cook with. Has anyone asked?

Comment

• Originally posted by SophieE View Post
                        Very good to know! Though I wonder about what kind of oil they cook with. Has anyone asked?
                        I assume its canola or sunflower oil. Winder if they could do butter if we ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sourcat View Post
                          Are you more rural or just outer suburban? If rural, I'd be hitting up local farmers.
                          I'm in Wagga, which is a decent size (largest inland city in NSW) so it shouldn't be too hard. There's plenty of small butchers, just haven't found 'the one' yet.
                          Believe and achieve.

Comment

• ooh I found one the other day that might be OK for your area, let me find the link

Comment

• Are there any primal/paleo groups here in oz, you guys are a part of? I haven't really looked yet, but it would be useful.

Comment

• Sorry, 1 more question. What bacon do you buy? The family are SO excited I am finally feeding them bacon, but I am a bit nervous about the nitrates.

Comment

Working...
                                X