X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school footage of Eskimos

Worth the 20 minutes:

Eskimo Hunters 1949 - YouTube

1930's pygmys eating freshly killed elephant and constructing a bridge. (10 mins)

African Pygmy Thrills, 1930s - YouTube

please, post others!
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Bump, you gotta check out the Eskimo vid at least! the quotes about eating fat alone are worth it.

Comment

Thanks for the links, will watch as soon as I can.
      I'm dying to see if there is anyone in the footage who looks older than 30 :-D
      (if that lost you, there's a thread at the moment where someone said "Eskimos don't live over 30"!
      I kid you not, not even that they didn't in prehistoric times..)
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

The Eskimo footage is fascinating! Well worth the time investment.

I was struck by how beautiful and straight the girl's teeth are at ~18:20 when she smiles.

Next to Death Metal Vegan Chef, your finest hour, Q.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Just watched the first clip and I agree, well worth it
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Watched the first clip. Thank you for sharing. Truly interesting!

Comment

I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting.
              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I've watched the Eskimo clip - absolutely fascinating! Couldn't help thinking how much extra meat they have to catch to feed those dogs though! I'd have loved to see if they ate caribou brain, liver, kidneys etc or just the joints? Certainly, they were taking the shoulder, leg etc back to eat. Which refutes the comments I've often read that primitive peoples ate the offal and fat and left the lean meat for the animals. I never could believe that....

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                  The Eskimo footage is fascinating! Well worth the time investment.

I was struck by how beautiful and straight the girl's teeth are at ~18:20 when she smiles.

Next to Death Metal Vegan Chef, your finest hour, Q.
                  I'm content if nothing I ever posts tops Vegan Death Metal Chef (which by the way continues to improve on itself)

Regarding their teeth, Weston A. Price "discovered" the reason teeth decay: a poor diet (Weston Price, World's Greatest Dentist, How To Cure Tooth Decay - Cure Tooth Decay) and he did so by studying indigenous cultures upon discovering their teeth were usually much better than those that ate a Western diet.

If you guys are able to, purchase the Human Planet series, it's fascinating as well and from what I've seen it focuses mostly on cultures that are removed from mainstream society. They had another Eskimo father/son team catch some type of whale to feed their dogs. It was HUGE, but only feeds the dogs for a couple of weeks apparently.

Comment

LOVE the ricochete noises when he shoots into the water LOL

AWESOME video!
                    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

I love that pigmy bridge building! And presumably such a structure could just as easily have been built many thousands of years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                        LOVE the ricochete noises when he shoots into the water LOL

AWESOME video!
                        And the fact that the "sea" water that the seal and bird are hooked and towed in from is as calm as a mill pond, whereas the sea in which they were shot was pretty damn choppy...

Comment

Point Hope looks a lot more westernized today, I wonder how they are making out, those kids would be approaching 70.
                          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Wonderful. From that video I found the "Nanook of the North" set of videos, taken a generation earlier. But by the time both films were done, unfortunately, the natives were already trading for grain-based foods, and well, we know the rest of the sad story. The Inuits are also newly plagued with Myopia - probably being in the classroom all day and not out hunting with the adults like the old days. Very sad - all the vestiges of Grok civilizations being obliterated and the people who weren't wiped out by the obvious diseases are now slowly dying from the food-related diseases and the welfare-entrapment of "superior" people.
                            Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Comment

Working...
                            X