Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCOS no more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PCOS no more

    Two years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS and all the hormonal issues that goes with it - my ovaries were a complete mess - luckily i already had my kids and wasnt trying to have any more which apparently would have been very difficult.
    In the 2 years i completely changed my WOE and started exercising - lost 20kg and was hoping that my health would improve ... well ... yesterday i went for my checkup and my doc says my ovaries are "beautiful" and she officially said that i no longer have PCOS - i'm really excited since i thought that it would be a lifelong hormonal rollercoaster for me that i would have to just accept.

  • #2
    Congratulations! Now spread the word
    The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    (Lily Tomlin)

    I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
    (Arthur De Vany)

    Comment


    • #3
      Good on you! I wish my sister and sister-in-law would give this a go....
      Last edited by Misabi; 11-06-2011, 02:40 PM.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

      Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nuraan View Post
        Two years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS and all the hormonal issues that goes with it - my ovaries were a complete mess - luckily i already had my kids and wasnt trying to have any more which apparently would have been very difficult.
        In the 2 years i completely changed my WOE and started exercising - lost 20kg and was hoping that my health would improve ... well ... yesterday i went for my checkup and my doc says my ovaries are "beautiful" and she officially said that i no longer have PCOS - i'm really excited since i thought that it would be a lifelong hormonal rollercoaster for me that i would have to just accept.
        CONGRATULATIONS! That is a HUGE achievement!

        Comment


        • #5
          How Awesome!!! You are an inspiration to me. I have endometriosis but hope to have a similar outcome as you!

          Comment


          • #6
            Congrats, that's great news!
            Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks everyone ... sorry but i cant stop grinning ... whats really cool about my current result is that the doctors that i dealt with previously were really negative - I was told that i needed to lose weight to see improvements BUT that PCOS makes it almost impossible to lose weight ... So it seemed like i had to accept this Lose Lose situation _ I'm so happy i could prove them wrong AND without medication while feeling amazingly healthy, happy and youthful as an added bonus

              Comment


              • #8
                So how did you overcome PCOS? Is there anything they attributed your new found health to?

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is big news! Congratulations! You've got to share what you did for the other PCOS ladies here.
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congratulations! You should be grinning from ear to ear! PCOS is so hard to overcome.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FANTASTIC! I too have endometriosis...but it is somewhat manageable after the surgery I had 3.5 years ago to remove adhesion and a Mirena IUD.
                      sigpic My goal pic...

                      Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

                      http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's amazing!! And such an encouraging and REFRESHING thing for me to hear, because I have PCOS and none of my family or doctors believes it's curable or that I can even treat it without BC. Congratulations, it must be such an amazing feeling to know that you are healthy again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have PCOS, IR and hormone issues and this gives me hope and inspiration to keep trying and going with this lifestyle!
                          I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

                          You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                            You've got to share what you did for the other PCOS ladies here.
                            Hi Not sure if will help but its been my experience and hopefully the PCOS ladies can take something out of it that will help with their symptoms.
                            I don't take any contraceptive/hormonal meds - I personally think they cause more harm than good - i had my tubes clamped when i was 26 since i was already happy with the 2 kids that i had and was having problems with the pill, the shots, etc - in fact i got pregnant with my daughter using one - i had a severe case of bronchitis around the same time and stopped smoking. At 36 (2 years ago) i was diagnosed with PCOS, was 25kg overweight, hypertensive, ashmatic and unhappy. I started moving more (especially the last 7 months) - i committed myself to at least 1.5 hours exercise 3 times a week - this is not negotiable i plan everything around my workout days. I took a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement daily. The biggest change though was my diet - last year i completely cut out wheat, sugar, legumes, potatoes, milk, vegetable oil, nuts, chocolate and reduced my fruit intake to about 2 a day which was mainly apples. My main source of protein is chicken and eggs, the only dairy i have is the occasional cream, mozzarela and yoghurt. If i want red meat it is more likely beef than anything else and i like ostrich (its my pretend red meat). I have some greens (spinach etc) with most meals and I love squash. I only started having butter, nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit and other oils recently after i lost most of my weight - which is most probably why my weight is stalling (i'm 5kg away from my goal). Since making the changes i lost weight, dont have breakouts, my hair isnt falling out, i have more energy and my high blood pressure is way down (from 200/100 to 138/85) and of course smooth "Beautiful ovaries".
                            Last edited by nuraan; 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nuraan View Post
                              Hi Not sure if will help but its been my experience and hopefully the PCOS ladies can take something out of it that will help with their symptoms.
                              I don't take any contraceptive/hormonal meds - I personally think they cause more harm than good - i had my tubes clamped when i was 26 since i was already happy with the 2 kids that i had and was having problems with the pill, the shots, etc - in fact i got pregnant with my daughter using one - i had a severe case of bronchitis around the same time and stopped smoking. At 36 (2 years ago) i was diagnosed with PCOS, was 25kg overweight, hypertensive, ashmatic and unhappy. I started moving more (especially the last 7 months) - i committed myself to at least 1.5 hours exercise 3 times a week - this is not negotiable i plan everything around my workout days. I took a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement daily. The biggest change though was my diet - last year i completely cut out wheat, sugar, legumes, potatoes, milk, vegetable oil, nuts, chocolate and reduced my fruit intake to about 2 a day which was mainly apples. My main source of protein is chicken and eggs, the only dairy i have is the occasional cream, mozzarela and yoghurt. If i want red meat it is more likely beef than anything else and i like ostrich (its my pretend red meat). I have some greens (spinach etc) with most meals and I love squash. I only started having butter, nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit and other oils recently after i lost most of my weight - which is most probably why my weight is stalling (i'm 5kg away from my goal). Since making the changes i lost weight, dont have breakouts, my hair isnt falling out, i have more energy and my high blood pressure is way down (from 200/100 to 138/85) and of course smooth "Beautiful ovaries".
                              Thank you for posting your success. I also have PCOS.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X