Cheap Paleo/Primal - Under 50 bucks a week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petriquor View Post
    I love my sardines...unfortunately I've found it's pretty much the fastest way to clear a room. I don't know anyone besides myself who's able stand even stand the smell.
    I hear you - I mostly eat canned fish for lunch on the weekends, or occasionally for dinner on weekday evenings(I'm single) when I'm in a hurry, but not at work. I generally don't eat sardines - there's also canned salmon(more expensive, but still much cheaper than fresh/frozen, and you can still get it wild-caught), mackerel, herring, some tuna, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa23 View Post
      I hear you - I mostly eat canned fish for lunch on the weekends, or occasionally for dinner on weekday evenings(I'm single) when I'm in a hurry, but not at work. I generally don't eat sardines - there's also canned salmon(more expensive, but still much cheaper than fresh/frozen, and you can still get it wild-caught), mackerel, herring, some tuna, and others.
      It's because they are too busy eating their bagels and screwing with their sense of smell with gliadin and co.

I figure sardines probably won't smell all that bad.

Will look into it next week.

BTW, I'm holding off good on what I got. I've been full the whole time, still losing a LOT of weight, and I feel Excelent.

One more thing to note, my aspergers syndrome has helped me listen to my body incredibly well. The obvious downsides to having a mental disease are there, but my physical body is much healthier for it.
      Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-17-2011, 07:20 AM.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Hey guys, I'm going shopping tomorrow and will post up my receipts again.

This week I started by getting a few bananas for the wife and I'm not including the 11 oz sirloin I had last night at the TEXAS ROADHOUSE. (Grass fed delicious)

This week's total .29 cents so far, had a banana.

Still riding the pork shoulder and protein shake for protein intake at the moment.
        Follow me on google+

Comment

Just found this thread and so glad I did. I've been thinking there's no way I can afford grass-fed anything after browsing my local grocery, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I feel guilty spending so much on cage-free eggs as it is. I like the idea someone said of buying CW produce and putting more $ on the meat. Will have to save my grocery receipt on the next trip. Thanks for starting this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Clabbergirl View Post
            Just found this thread and so glad I did. I've been thinking there's no way I can afford grass-fed anything after browsing my local grocery, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I feel guilty spending so much on cage-free eggs as it is. I like the idea someone said of buying CW produce and putting more $ on the meat. Will have to save my grocery receipt on the next trip. Thanks for starting this thread.
            The best way to do it is to eat Conventional Meat that's about to go bad at your supermarket. It's a whole bunch cheaper. That way, you can freeze it when you get home. Just make sure you don't skimp on your eggs that day because you will need a whole lot of omega 3 to make up for it.

I personally spent 10 dollars on about 2 pounds of pork shoulder of cw meat one week and I've been riding it since.

I didn't post mine up this week because I bought local and couldn't remember the price.

It came to 46 dollars for all organic vegtables and 8$ worth of grassfed beef.
            Follow me on google+

Comment

I buy in bulk (a month's worth of food this month, and here are my totals)

Fruits & Veggies - $68/month - Me and my roommate split a CSA Fruit/Veggie box. If I was alone, I would get it every two weeks instead, same price! It's roughly 12-15 pounds of produce per box, and I usually sub veggie for fruit.

4 pounds of organic, grass-fed ground beef - 5.99/lb (just found somewhere that will be 5.50/lb!)
              2 pounds wild caught cod
              4 cans of tuna, 2 cans salmon - $8
              4 Avocado's - 3.29
              "Family Pack" of organic chicken thighs/drumsticks (about 3 pounds)
              Pastured Fat - FREE! (from Whole Foods butchers who usually throw it out..)
              Canned Items this month: Marinara Sauce, Two cans of artichokes, two small cans green-chili.
              3 dozen local, cage-free, Omega 3 Eggs - 2.49/dozen
              EVOO - 5.99
              Apple Cider Vinegar (for salads) - 3.99
              = $80

Non-Essentials I bulk buy coconut oil/coconut milk from Amazon - which adds about $5-$10 monthly to my totals. Coffee/Tea

That's everything I get for only $37/week! And it could definitely be cheaper if switched out lower quality meats.

Comment

Working...
              X