Primal Movies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man is Truth
    Do you guys not distinguish between pre-modern and primal? Because anything having to do with the Romans is quite the opposite of primal- maybe their cuisine had a more primal angle, but that is incidental and based on the limitations of the food market without refrigeration. Rome did invade and occupy all of North Africa so that it could send a reliable stream of wheat and corn to welfare-feed their teeming labor and slave classes...It also went around the world stealing everyone's food to organize the leftover starving rabble into imperial protectorates. It systematically annihilated tribal cultures from the Atlantic ocean to the Arabian sea to the Caspian sea.

you should check out Instinct, with Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding Jr. Way badass. Also Quest for Fire. Maybe Last of the Dog men for the Indian series.
    Ok.... overeacting much?

Seriously, watch Spartacus (the new series). It will channel your nerdy anger in the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
      Dang does nobody have any more badass Native American movies?
      A favorite movie of a friend of mines who is a Washo Indian is DreamKeeper. It has a lot of native American tales in it. Worth watching.

Funny quote from the film:
      It has been said that the young people of today are our warriors of tomorrow. I look at you and say, 'we're in big trouble.'

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
        Seriously, watch Spartacus (the new series). It will channel your nerdy anger in the right way.
        Yes, like I said, Spartacus the show is def. NOT primal, but its freakin' awesome... A must see...

ETA: And if you're into nudity at all...this is the one to watch!
        My Before/After Pics
        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
          A favorite movie of a friend of mines who is a Washo Indian is DreamKeeper. It has a lot of native American tales in it. Worth watching.

I was browsing the TV guide last night when I found "Dreamcatcher". I thought, oh, that's the movie that somebody mentioned from the forum. I start watching it, and it turns out to be a Stephen King thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post

I was browsing the TV guide last night when I found "Dreamcatcher". I thought, oh, that's the movie that somebody mentioned from the forum. I start watching it, and it turns out to be a Stephen King thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
              Yeah, I noticed that movie when I was trying to remember the name of the flick.

Comment

Last edited by Grok; 10-15-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

People: Watch Human Nature! It's with Tim Robbins, Patricia Arquette, and Rhys Ifans (the kicker from The Replacements). I picked it up at Blockbuster because the cover looked interesting, and it was such a surprise. It's a really great movie, and I think all people on this forum will especially appreciate it.

Comment

Cavegirl. Cavegirl (1985) - IMDb
                    But only if you're 13 and male.

Comment

Rabbit Proof Fence (displaced aborigine girls). Cave of the Yellow Dog (nomadic herder family)

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch666 View Post
                        Cavegirl. Cavegirl (1985) - IMDb
                        But only if you're 13 and male.
                        LOL. Blue Lagoon anyone?

Originally posted by crogagnon View Post
                        Encino Man? Just kidding... that was awful!

Not really a "primal movie", but I love the documentary Fat Head.

And, have you seen the recent Discovery channel special I, Caveman? That was awesome! Definitely primal!
                        Will add that one to my watch list!
                        Healthy Bucket List:
                        • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                        • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                        • Do a real pull-up
                        • Run a 5k
                        • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Instinct was okay. Inspired by the Daniel Quinn book, Ishmael, which blows it out of the water. As does every other book he ever wrote.

My favorite "Primal" movie is The Emerald Forest.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Instinct was okay. Inspired by the Daniel Quinn book, Ishmael, which blows it out of the water. As does every other book he ever wrote.

My favorite "Primal" movie is The Emerald Forest.

My husband is a big fan of Daniel Quinn so we will have to check out your recommendation of The Emerald Forest, thanks.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

The beautiful Australian film 'Ten Canoes', an Aboriginal story, primal from start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
                                The beautiful Australian film 'Ten Canoes', an Aboriginal story, primal from start to finish.
                                I watched that. Good film.

Guys, watch Human Nature though!

Comment

Working...
                                X