Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terribly troubling: "Fat Tax" on butter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, my love for denmark has deceased by .002%.

end of the day, i'll pay for what i want.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
      It seems Canada is now officially the free-est country in the world.
      It won't last for long. I live in the province of Quebec, I guarantee you they will all want to look progressive and they will do it because the nutritionists are gay for Europe here (oh, look and the French and their smaller portions, and the Mediterranean diet and blablabla). The only good thing here is that the government is so intent on pushing dairy that butter might be left alone. I fear for my bacon though.

Comment

terrible, just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
          The only good thing here is that the government is so intent on pushing dairy that butter might be left alone.
          Yeah, too bad Canada's butter is the same old crap and they don't allow imported dairy like Kerrygold.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I'm so sorry (speaking as a Dane)... We just got a new government, and they are pretty much doomed. I don't think it (the new government) will work out, but what do I know about politics...

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherJ View Post
              That had better not make its way to the UK. Who do I write to about this?
              Vote.

Comment

Originally posted by kbn1 View Post
                It has nothing to do with the government and everything to do with who owns the government. Nothing will change. The pharmaceutical industry/medical industry/monsanto/war-machine banking oligarchies will always get what they want. Voting only gives consent to be governed.
                I agree with you,

But you can vote for larger or smaller government; more silly regs or less silly regs. More tax or less tax.

Comment

Hungary has recently imposed a tax on all foods with unhealthy levels of sugar, salt and carbohydrates, as well as goods with high levels of caffeine.

Comment

Just do away with the unnecessary subsidies to farms, and then funnel that money into healthcare. Do better all around than a fat tax.
                    My Fitday public journal.
                    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by astronmr20 View Post
                      Vote.
                      For the UK, you should vote for the UKIP.

Comment

One would think that taxing food levies an unproportional amount of burden on the poor and working class...

Let's see, people are starving, can't find jobs and we are going through a world-wide recession. I know! Let's grow government more by taxing food! What a wonderful statist idea!

Comment

Originally posted by astronmr20 View Post
                          Without getting into a political discussion...
                          Forget it. We can't take this laying down any more. We need to organize, or we should go ahead and start eating bread again. There's not a lot of party politics there; are we going to stand up, or are we not?
                          Laboratory Mike - laboratorymike.com

Want to find your friends? Try the Primal Living Network

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                            One would think that taxing food levies an unproportional amount of burden on the poor and working class...
                            So do flat taxes, but people are enamored with that as well.
                            My Fitday public journal.
                            Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                            Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                            Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                              So do flat taxes, but people are enamored with that as well.
                              Flat taxes exclude food.

Comment

I wouldn't worry overmuch about it being adopted in the US, the dairy and beef lobby is strong. Even if it does and it doubles the price, it's not like I'm ever going to use margarine again.

Comment

Working...
                                X