No announcement yet.

Anyone play video games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently involved in Call of Duty and I love it.

Comment

I haven't owned a game system since the 1st Nintendo. I think we rented the 2nd model. I enjoy playing Guitar Hero on the bus even though my pinky won't cooperate. Anything beyond that seems complicated!

Comment

Erstad, my husband has been playing Modern Warfare 2 ... that game is so realistic, it is scary. What a great plot, it's like watching a movie. Games are really a lot more than I think some people give them credit for, at least when enjoyed in moderate amounts.

Comment

I don't have any game systems, but that whole Wii Fit Plus looked like fun.

Comment

OrangeGirl - I got if for X-Mas but I can only play for 1 hr at a time before I start to get sick. It's all the motion going on but I guess it goes away after awhile.

Comment

Ummm you probably have to decrease the control sensitivity. Mine is set to the lowest setting and I like it.

I can't wait to get MWF2. I only have the first one because it's cheaper now...

Has anyone seen the trailer MWF3?

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare

What the hell kind of game is that? Looks like a joke to me! -_-

edit: never mind, I just found out it's a parody. It really had me at first! hahaha... it does seem like the direction modern games are taking, though... i.e sacrificing game-play for realism. It doesn't work. =\

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Haha, wow, the Onion really goes all out with their parodies! There is an Onion movie too, it&#39;s pretty funny. They make an actual newspaper that I picked up in San Francisco a couple years ago with tons of joke articles ... it&#39;s a hoot!

You are right about adding too many real-life elements to games. I think Grand Theft Auto realized that when they made your character eat,

work out, etc to maintain a physique.

Erstad: You are so right about getting ill ... but everything about that game is so sensory OVERLOAD that for me it&#39;s not just the visuals, but the constant gunfire. And stress! That game is frighteningly realistic on American soil.

Comment

i looooooooooove the onion so much.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Looks like FFXIII is going to suck...

check out the ratings:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A2%E3%8 3%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-15783001-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%8 3%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BCX III/dp/B000FNQXEO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

From what I could understand, the game plays like a movie, and someone has even said the entire thing is only 25 hours... ugh!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Hmmm ... I&#39;ve heard a lot about the story, but my husband says FFVIII is kinda sucky. The story is a little too soppy I guess, and he said the game mechanics are kind of difficult? I&#39;m also trying to play FFVI (the one with Terra, Celes, etc) for the GameBoy.

If anyone has a 360, Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a good RPG with beautiful graphics ... but annoying female voice actors.

Comment

never not even once.....

challenge yourself
                        i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

@Raphael - decrease controller sensitivity? I&#39;ll have to try that.

@Orangegirl - totally right about the realism of the game. I&#39;m not sure I took a breath the first night I played.

Comment

The only video games I&#39;ve played a lot are Soul Calibur, Mario and the orignial Sonic hehe. Haven&#39;t really played any for years tho.

I haven&#39;t played any of the final fantasy games, but my fiancee likes them and I really like the music and all the characters!!

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
                            *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Comment

Personally I&#39;m a real fan of blizzard games, though I never played WoW. Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft III were my main passions. I&#39;ve kind of moved away from them, but that&#39;s probably because I&#39;m holding out for Starcraft2 and more importantly...Diablo III.

Comment

I play a lot of games since my wife has the best job ever - Video Game Buyer. She gets many of the games for free. I am currently enjoying MW2, AC2 and some Rock Band/Guitar Hero, of course.

My wife has been playing &#39;Plants vs. Zombies&#39; on the PC nearly non-stop over the holiday break. What a fun game!

I love playing video games - it doesn&#39;t interfere with my workouts or sleeping (anymore). I force myself to turn the damn thing off at 11 so I can get up at 7 and trudge off to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X