What is the best way to give birth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I didn't know you and your wife were having a little one! How exciting!
    Yeah, I haven't really mentioned it much to anyone, really. I guess exciting is one way to put it.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
      Home birth is illegal in Maryland
      Dang, that sucks. My brother and his wife had all four at home, and they loved how not stressful it was. I was on the phone with him during the last one.

"Yeah, just drinking a glass of wine and waiting for this one. Ah, looks like everything's good."

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        Dang, that sucks. My brother and his wife had all four at home, and they loved how not stressful it was. I was on the phone with him during the last one.

"Yeah, just drinking a glass of wine and waiting for this one. Ah, looks like everything's good."

Good luck!
        Thanks. 11k after insurance, it's looking like. Joy. So much for graduating debt free!

M.

Comment

Thanks. 11k after insurance, it's looking like. Joy. So much for graduating debt free!

M.

Well...you could let her deliver at home....then just play dumb .

"I had no idea she was in labor! Do I look like a doctor to you! It was over in like five minutes man!"

Comment

M.
            I cannot comprehend this!!!! What a way to start your life as a family, that is a huge amount of money. Almost enough to make Neckhammer's plan sound like a good one.

Nevertheless a baby does indeed bring an infinite amount of love and joy. Even if it is a surprise. Blessings to you all for the future.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Good luck, M!

Do they give you an estimate for the hospital costs based on your insurance when you pick a hospital/doctor etc? Not planning on offspring anytime soon, but I am curious about how those things work.
              Depression Lies

Comment

We had our son at home and it cost $2000, that included prenatal care. I think our insurance covered part of it and the 2k was our share.

I think it's appalling that homebirth is illegal in some states.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Home birth is illegal in Maryland, so the wife is delivering in a hospital; should be about a week and a half from now.

Good gods above, it'll be expensive.

M.
                  congratulations but my irony meter just broke.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                    I cannot comprehend this!!!! What a way to start your life as a family, that is a huge amount of money. Almost enough to make Neckhammer's plan sound like a good one.

Nevertheless a baby does indeed bring an infinite amount of love and joy. Even if it is a surprise. Blessings to you all for the future.
                    Yeah, and to think I put a lot of effort over the last couple years to be more financially secure. Cheap house, very small student loan debt, degree, a 9-5. So much for cool things like travel.

Fortunately, I was such a train wreck as a youth I have an idea of what the individual in question should not be doing. Time to push the academics.

Originally posted by namelesswonder
                    Do they give you an estimate for the hospital costs based on your insurance when you pick a hospital/doctor etc? Not planning on offspring anytime soon, but I am curious about how those things work.
                    My insurance's site gave me a list of hospitals to select from, and that's the number it was given. My wife was given another (higher) number, however, on Friday so that's still getting sorted out.

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                    congratulations but my irony meter just broke.
                    Wasn't planned; adoption had always been our original goal. Also, life lesson for all: Just because someone's pro-choice does not mean they'll opt for abortion.

c'est la vie.

M.

Comment

Wasn't planned; adoption had always been our original goal. Also, life lesson for all: Just because someone's pro-choice does not mean they'll opt for abortion.

c'est la vie.

M.
                      That's rough. Best wishes to the three of you.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

nobody with half a brain considers pro-choice to be the same as pro-abortion. it's a legal choice. not a mandate.

i hope wife and baby are healthy, but perhaps you will reconsider pushing your agenda onto lady strangers grappling with fertility issues on the interwebz.
                        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Home birth with hypnobirthing techniques....... It's all about being in a natural environment, fact is oxytocin is the key to a successful birth and the best way to get these love hormones high is to be natural and in privacy with the neo cortex switched off

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Home birth with hypnobirthing techniques....... It's all about being in a natural environment, fact is oxytocin is the key to a successful birth and the best way to get these love hormones high is to be natural and in privacy with the neo cortex switched off

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X