Primal dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal dating

Hey everyone. Just wondering about those of you out there with a primal girlfriend/boyfriend. Is it as awesome as I'm imagining it to be? I mean, no having to give reasons why you can't eat what she's eating, right? Likely no problems in the bedroom with the increased (or should I say normalized?) testosterone levels, I'm guessing And being with someone who doesn't think dimming the lights at night time so you aren't kept up by the blue lighting sounds awesome. But is it really that good? And if it is, where did you meet your primal mate? Thanks.

Jarrett

We have a primal dating group on Facebook and a primal dating group on the group section here. The group on here is very dead though and it's hard to find other primes as far as I can tell. I've even mentioned being primal on plenty of fish and never heard a peep about it. I'd go out with any woman that mentioned being primal just for the experience.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I mentioned this story on the facebook group: I recently added a note about me being primal (and briefly describing that its high meats and fats, low carbs) to my online dating profile and my responses dropped to NIL. Barely even any "Hey guuuuuuuuurl ur hot!" responses.

Instead of getting upset, I just said, "Eff it" and disabled my profile to focus on meeting people in the real world.

But yeah, I think having not just a boyfriend, but a PARTNER who is also primal is very important to me. I want this to be the way I live my life, and if i have a family i want them to be the same way.
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

How do you find the dating group on facebook?

Comment

Everyone is really spread across the place, so its not very effective Still Im glad for another avenue to connect with primal people. I find its simpler than the forums here a lot of the time.
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
            Everyone is really spread across the place, so its not very effective Still Im glad for another avenue to connect with primal people. I find its simpler than the forums here a lot of the time.
            How do you find it?

Comment

Oh sorry, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/210364619014613/ You have to send a request to join

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                We have a primal dating group on Facebook and a primal dating group on the group section here. The group on here is very dead though and it's hard to find other primes as far as I can tell. I've even mentioned being primal on plenty of fish and never heard a peep about it. I'd go out with any woman that mentioned being primal just for the experience.
                That group has kind of died hasn't it? It's a shame you live so far away. I'm sure we could do some awesome Primal cooking. *leer*

Comment

I sent a request! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                    That's funny. A few days ago I went on PoF (no account... yet) and searched for "primal" and came up with nothing. Maybe I need to have an actual account?

Comment

I sure hope POF is better in your areas than mine. Try as I might, I haven't found any that didn't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        I sure hope POF is better in your areas than mine. Try as I might, I haven't found any that didn't suck.
                        I agree. I tried it a while back and decided it should be called "Plenty of freaks, flakes, and losers".

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          I agree. I tried it a while back and decided it should be called "Plenty of freaks, flakes, and losers".
                          +1000 :-/

Comment

My 3 step plan for meeting men while Primal:

1: Be a girl (sorry, I can't speak to y-chromosome tips)
                            2: Go to a nice bar by yourself with a good, non-chicklit book (My go-to is classic mystery, e.g. The Maltese Falcon or Murder on the Orient Express)
                            3: Order beef tartare or rare steak & a glass of red wine.

And that's it. <I>It works really well</I> The book & the beef give guys 2 ready-made conversation topics so they don't feel awkward approaching, and the fact I'm reading and eating instead of just posing & drinking weeds out the men looking for something more...hourly-based (I guess prostitutes don't like steak...which, now that I think of it is a shame b/c pros should be eating primally too--that's one profession where you'd really have to keep your immune system in top shape!)
                            Last edited by Savannah; 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Comment

or go to a gym in booty shorts and do 'man' workouts like actually lifting heavy weights. while wearing VFFs, to boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X