"The 6 Most Horrifying Lies The Food Industry is Feeding You"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The 6 Most Horrifying Lies The Food Industry is Feeding You"

Sept. 21st, 2011: The day my love of Primal and my love of Cracked.com finally came together in sweet, sweet symphony:

The 6 Most Horrifying Lies The Food Industry is Feeding You | Cracked.com

Ewww! Wood! Ammonia! The horror!!

Comment

Holy shit. I actually didn't know about most of these. I love the way the article is written.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

the website is blocked by my work computer as being "tasteless" lol how ironic
        Primal Chaos
        37yo 6'5"
        6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
        current 338lbs 49" waist
        goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
          I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that bullshit anymore, it's the worst. I used to keep a daily email to myself open where I'd post blocked links for later.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

yeah luckily i have great internet on my phone lol
            Primal Chaos
            37yo 6'5"
            6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
            current 338lbs 49" waist
            goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
              Lol you and me both....silly IT Gestapo !
              "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Comment

Another article about cellulose in food. The horror just keeps getting horrorier!
                Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Comment

book marking that site
                  Julia
                  Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                  Started Primal Mid January 2011
                  Current Weight 183
                  Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                  http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

but... but i love orange juice, the odd times i drink it

braaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssss
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

WTF is with the cellulose? Presumably there have to be some trained chefs working on these recipes. Do they come out of cooking school with the idea that food needs a denatured forest product to make it taste better? I'm almost in awe of the audacity. And to think that it's nowhere near the worst additive.
                      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I knew about most of these, but I'm not buying Tropicana Premium or Minute Maid juice anytime soon!
                        Norak's Primal Journal:
                        2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
                        2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
                        2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

Meh, the cellulose doesnt bother me. Also I knew about the marketing wiggly-ness of so-called "free-range" eggs. Also, beware "all vegetarian diet" eggs. That doesnt mean they were given grass and veggies, it means they were given soy based crumble. Also I am suspicious of ones that do not state that the hens were pasture raised yet still claim lots of omega-3 benefits. Im imagining they just fed the hens crumble packed with additive omega-3s and hoped for the best.

Did not know about the zombie orange juice, thats hilarious. Also, this explains why "blueberry" products have always made me kinda ill while real blueberries dont.
                          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

I called the manufacturer of Advil one day to see if the filler used was gluten free. The lady who answered the phone told me well yes, it's wood pulp. And wood pulp is gluten free.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
                              I called the manufacturer of Advil one day to see if the filler used was gluten free. The lady who answered the phone told me well yes, it's wood pulp. And wood pulp is gluten free.
                              This is a factual statement. Cant fault them for that.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Working...
                              X