Celebrities & Primal/Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrities & Primal/Paleo

Oprah, Jennifer Hudson, Kristie Alley, John Goodman, et al - how long before some celebrity or pop-tart-of-the-month discovers our little secret and it goes mainstream?

I know people who value Oprah's opinion over all else, the President and Pope included. If she latched on to Primal it would be on the front page of every magazine in the world. What if Brad & Angelina did? I think it's only a matter of time, what do you guys think?

Sure wouldn't hurt Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Glenn Frey to Primal out. (TBS is already perfect. )
    Last edited by LJH; 09-20-2011, 06:04 PM. Reason: punctuation

No.

We Primals hunt celebrities for sport.

Comment

Oprah won't go Primal or Paleo for fear of being sued by the grain industry.
      Grass Fed Beef Restaurants

Comment

Hollywood seems to like its starlets to be young, skinny and weak looking. As far as Oprah and co. if they can't package it and sell it I'm not sure they'd be interested. They are all down the vegan rathole w/ Clinton right now anyway.
        Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Speaking of Oprah and Clinton...I asked Mark Sisson if he would mail a copy of his book to them. He said sure, if I could come up with addresses. Does anyone know how I could find their addresses?? It's a total long shot, but hey, if they have the books maybe they will actually read it. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Comment

Originally posted by LJH View Post
            ... how long before some celebrity or pop-tart-of-the-month discovers our little secret and it goes mainstream?
            Does Ray Mears count as a celebrity/pop-tart-of-the-month? ROTFL

The Ray Mears caveman diet - Times Online

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbird2 View Post
              Speaking of Oprah and Clinton...I asked Mark Sisson if he would mail a copy of his book to them. He said sure, if I could come up with addresses. Does anyone know how I could find their addresses?? It's a total long shot, but hey, if they have the books maybe they will actually read it. (Wishful thinking, I know.)
              Online searching comes up with:

Bill Clinton
              William J. Clinton Foundation
              55 West 125th Street
              New York, NY 10027
              USA

Oprah Winfrey
              Harpo Studios, Inc.
              1058 West Washington Blvd.
              Chicago, IL 60607
              USA

Comment

http://skinnyvscurvy.com/jennifer-hu...rbs-today.html

I don't think it's Primal, but she definitely deleted grains! Of course there was a huge outcry against her for *gasp* suggesting that carbs can cause weight gain and low-carb can hep weight loss, so she backtracked and now all of her US Weekly/People-type "meal plans" include plenty of whole grains. *facepalm*

Comment

Steve Nash eats a diet mostly free of refined carbs/sugars. Almost enough to be paleo. If you google his name and paleo you get a few hits but it hasn't made Sportscenter, unfortunately. Steve Nash is a guard for the Suns (uh, that's basketball...) for those not in the know. He's been the MVP at least once. Some of his team-mates and others around the league have adopted the "Nash diet"

Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers was spotted reading The Paleo Solution. I can't find news stories as to whether he is living Paleo or not, the first hits are from the hunter-gatherer.com post on the matter surrounding last years Superbowl. Again here, it's possible that other football players got interested in it through his exposure, but again (curiously?) it never made any big publications. Cue conspiracy theorist music, whatever that may be.

Novak Djokovic's gluten-free diet actually did get a lot of press, but mostly on the gluten angle, not a "eat whole foods" angle, and though I just did a mild search I didn't find specifics on what he eats day to day. He did kill both Federer and Nadal just a few weeks ago though.

That's all I got. Ain't going to ever be enough paleo products to peddle or to sponsor an athlete (I fucking hope there never are any!) so I don't suppose an athlete/celebrity would go out of their way to shout paleo/primal because there's little financial gain in it not to mention their publicists might be like "shut the fuck up..."
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Drew Carey gave up grains, if I recall correctly. He lost ~80 pounds and got off his diabetes meds entirely. Not sure if it was Paleo/primal or Atkins, but the concept is similar.

Comment

Eva LaRue eats paleo/primal. Watching her on CSI Miami she looks great!
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers is from Chico, CA. There's a pretty decent chance he is at least acquainted with Robb.

And there's probably a fair amount of money to be made in a Primal catering service. Food that tastes good, is conscience friendly (organic and grassfed and whatnot), and makes you look good? If you didn't tell them what was in it (and would they really ask? they clearly don't for a lot of those types of plans) you wouldn't even have to have the CW debate.

Hmmmmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbird2 View Post
                          Oprah's production company through the Dr. Oz show is well aware of the primal/paleo concept. I doubt it is possible for an unsolicited parcel to get through to her. In the case of Clinton it is impossible. If it ever was you can thank the anthrax attacks to say nothing of the Uni-bomber for changing that.
                          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            Steve Nash eats a diet mostly free of refined carbs/sugars. Almost enough to be paleo. If you google his name and paleo you get a few hits but it hasn't made Sportscenter, unfortunately. Steve Nash is a guard for the Suns (uh, that's basketball...) for those not in the know. He's been the MVP at least once. Some of his team-mates and others around the league have adopted the "Nash diet"
                            You have mentioned Steve Nash, and now you are my favorite.

Comment

The Olympics will be prime opportunity for this I think. I seem to remember reading something about a Paleo olympic rower, but it will probably take a individual sport athlete with a really great story for it to get tons of media attention like Novak Djokovic saw for going gluten free. Maybe not 2012, but I wouldn't be surprised either. Also, with the CrossFit Games getting ESPN2 coverage and most of those athletes very strict Paleo types surely the athletic community will at least have the ideas in the back of their minds.

How amazing would it be if ads for companies like McDonalds and Coca-Cola no longer showed during TV coverage of the Olympics???
                              Peace. Love. Steak.

Comment

Working...
                              X