Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help! I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired.

    I am doing the 30 Day Challenge and today is Day 4.

    Today is not going well. I am tired. Baby woke up last night due to teething and kept me up. I'm running on nothing. My problem is I would love to go back to sleep, rest. I didn't even workout today which is huge for me. I usually force myself to do some workout despite being tired. Okay, so I want to sleep, but I have 3 kids to take care of. Can't exactly leave them unsupervised. While one was napping I tried to get the other down. It took an hour and a half. She slept for 20 minutes. What happens when I'm exhausted. I eat and eat and eat and eat. My self control is gone when I'm tired. When I'm not tired I'm productive, thinking clearing and constantly moving. Tired, I wanna sit, I wanna sleep, and I wanna eat. So my original plan was to fast until lunch, but by 8:30 am I was hungry and struggling. So I had;

    B - 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, salsa, and I made my kids some almond flour bread (no sugar added) which I ate. I didn't count, but I think I had 3 slices.

    By 10:30 am I was hungry.

    S - I had another 2 slices of "bread" with some almond butter and coconut oil

    Decided I was still hungry and instead of grazing to just have my lunch

    L - Spinach salad w/ balsamic vinnaigrette, leftover slow cooker chicken, and more bread.

    Then it got really interesting. Don't know what to call this "meal"

    ? - Lots 'o macadamias, more "bread" x2, almond butter, 2 bison dogs, 1 slice havarti, 1 slice lite cheddar

    The plan for dinner. Nothing. Lots of water and tea.

    Any suggestions and help in this area would be good. I'm really feeling out of control. A lot of times when I feel like I have "fallen off the wagon" I just quit. I won't quit! I want this! I want to figure it out.

    Things I am proud of:

    Haven't been snacking at night.
    Going to be before 10:30 pm.
    No night time tv.

  • #2
    When I had babies in the house, I ate all day long. You're not eating because you lack self-control. You are eating because your body needs fuel. Are you breastfeeding? If so, eat. Your body needs these calories. As long as it's not junk, don't beat yourself up over it!

    Today, my youngest is 4. I sleep, I workout, I have time to cook. I can take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and trust the kids won't burn the house down. It gets better, Mama!! Hang in there!

    Comment


    • #3
      I find that if I'm really tired I crave sugar. The only fix I found back when my daughter was an infant was to get more sleep -- much, much easier said than done!
      Life is short: Void the warranty.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gunnk View Post
        I find that if I'm really tired I crave sugar. The only fix I found back when my daughter was an infant was to get more sleep -- much, much easier said than done!

        Thanks for the support. Gonna put myself to bed tonight and leave what ever is undone, just that way. Undone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
          When I had babies in the house, I ate all day long. You're not eating because you lack self-control. You are eating because your body needs fuel. Are you breastfeeding? If so, eat. Your body needs these calories. As long as it's not junk, don't beat yourself up over it!

          Today, my youngest is 4. I sleep, I workout, I have time to cook. I can take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and trust the kids won't burn the house down. It gets better, Mama!! Hang in there!

          I am nursing, but she turned a year old yesterday. Don't thinking I'm nursing all that often to eat the way I have today. Definitely not eating junk, just over eating.

          Thanks for the support. Good to know it gets better.

          Comment


          • #6
            Do the best you can to get the sleep you can. When you function on too little sleep you are basically impaired - no wonder you end up lacking self control. If there is anything you can do in your life to schedule some more time to sleep, I would go for it. See if you can convince daddy to get up a couple of times a week if there are issues. Neither baby nor daddy will die from it, and you will end up with better balance in your life.

            My youngest is 6 now, and as much as I love babies, I do not miss those sleep deprived days. I used to eat all day - I was in major burn out mode.
            Karin

            A joyful heart is good medicine

            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

            Mmmmm. Real food is good.

            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JKC View Post
              Do the best you can to get the sleep you can. When you function on too little sleep you are basically impaired - no wonder you end up lacking self control. If there is anything you can do in your life to schedule some more time to sleep, I would go for it. See if you can convince daddy to get up a couple of times a week if there are issues. Neither baby nor daddy will die from it, and you will end up with better balance in your life.

              My youngest is 6 now, and as much as I love babies, I do not miss those sleep deprived days. I used to eat all day - I was in major burn out mode.
              Thank you. Your word of encouragement reminds me thereof light at the end of this tunnel.

              Comment


              • #8
                You are eating good food so that's a bonus. At least it's not carb cravings that you give in to. I reckon you should relax, stop working out so much and give yourself time rest. Let yourself recover. Looking after babies is a fulltime job and very demanding.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You may try increasing your breakfast to set a more satisfied tone for the day.
                  For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I see a lot of pseudo food, even if using primal ingredients are used, and little real meat.

                    Try starting your day with two pan fried chicken breasts. I like coating them with macadamia oil, seasoning them with garlic, paprika and white pepper, then coating with flakes coconut before tossing them in a pan with hot coconut oil. I'll then sauté some onions and peppers in the pan, and eat that with two or three fried eggs. Sometimes I'll add some fried plantains, too.

                    I'm a big eater, been known to eat 3/4 of a chicken, and 1+ pound steaks easy. I'll TRY to choke that down after a workout and not only can't manage to finish it, but Im often not even hungry by dinner. Which is a problem when I'm targeting 3500-4000 calories/day without dairy.

                    More real food, less nuts, less paleo "bread," less sausage, less "cheese" (wtf is 'lite cheddar?'). You're still taking in a lot of frankenfoods and omega-6 fatty acids with all the nuts and bread...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Agreed with the poster above.

                      Geez, I'm just a sedentary childless woman, I spend most of my day at the computer or doing light house chores, and I STILL eat 3 eggs for breakfast, and more often than not, I have a ton of beef or chicken with those eggs. And I'm still losing a ton of body fat!

                      I usually eat around 7 or 7:30. That usually leaves me full until 2-3 PM, where I'll eat another big meal. That usually leaves me full until the next day, though I might have a small salad around 6 if I get hungry.

                      Now, you have 3 kids to take care of, and you are breastfeeding, even if it's just a little. You NEED to take care of yourself! You don't want to sacrifice yourself to your children and ruin your health. Eat. Eat well. But eat real food, not cake or rabbit food (lettuce salads).

                      If I had so much almond flour bread like you did, I'd also end up very hungry and tired. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. It never ends unless I cut it cold.

                      Bread is cake, cake is bread, it's all the same. Would you eat cake for breakfast?
                      Good luck. I know you can do it :-) Just need a push in the right direction!

                      Edit: don't force yourself to work out if you are tired. You'll make your health worse. You seem really stressed, so just use that time to sleep or relax!
                      Last edited by abstractpersona; 09-16-2011, 07:16 AM.
                      My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                      Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                        I see a lot of pseudo food, even if using primal ingredients are used, and little real meat.

                        Try starting your day with two pan fried chicken breasts. I like coating them with macadamia oil, seasoning them with garlic, paprika and white pepper, then coating with flakes coconut before tossing them in a pan with hot coconut oil. I'll then sauté some onions and peppers in the pan, and eat that with two or three fried eggs. Sometimes I'll add some fried plantains, too.

                        I'm a big eater, been known to eat 3/4 of a chicken, and 1+ pound steaks easy. I'll TRY to choke that down after a workout and not only can't manage to finish it, but Im often not even hungry by dinner. Which is a problem when I'm targeting 3500-4000 calories/day without dairy.

                        More real food, less nuts, less paleo "bread," less sausage, less "cheese" (wtf is 'lite cheddar?'). You're still taking in a lot of frankenfoods and omega-6 fatty acids with all the nuts and bread...
                        You are right. The food I ate yesterday was crap, but like I said. Not the usual. This is my tired me. Not the energetic, well rested, productive, happy me. I know in a better state I would not eat those foods. Why do I have them because I'm slowly "Primalizing" my kids. Thanks for the ideas. You also maybe right that I need a heartier breakfast. Gonna experiment with that. Just not sure because I usually work out a few hours after breakfast and don't like a really full belly when I workout. Thanks again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
                          Agreed with the poster above.

                          Geez, I'm just a sedentary childless woman, I spend most of my day at the computer or doing light house chores, and I STILL eat 3 eggs for breakfast, and more often than not, I have a ton of beef or chicken with those eggs. And I'm still losing a ton of body fat!

                          I usually eat around 7 or 7:30. That usually leaves me full until 2-3 PM, where I'll eat another big meal. That usually leaves me full until the next day, though I might have a small salad around 6 if I get hungry.

                          Now, you have 3 kids to take care of, and you are breastfeeding, even if it's just a little. You NEED to take care of yourself! You don't want to sacrifice yourself to your children and ruin your health. Eat. Eat well. But eat real food, not cake or rabbit food (lettuce salads).

                          If I had so much almond flour bread like you did, I'd also end up very hungry and tired. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. It never ends unless I cut it cold.

                          Bread is cake, cake is bread, it's all the same. Would you eat cake for breakfast?
                          Good luck. I know you can do it :-) Just need a push in the right direction!

                          Edit: don't force yourself to work out if you are tired. You'll make your health worse. You seem really stressed, so just use that time to sleep or relax!
                          Thank you! I am learning so much from all of you. It also goes to show that Mark was right you need to experiment. Different things work for different people. As for the bread. It was a mistake to make that on a day that I was lacking energy. Now I know better.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X