No announcement yet.

Coconut Oil as Deodorant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started making my own back in November, and have not used any commercial stuff since. My recipe is 1/4 cup CO, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (cornstarch works too, but seems a little more gritty), and then about 15 drops of mixed essential oils, current favorite is eucalyptus and peppermint. These proportions are the perfect amount for a left over deodorant stick. This stuff keeps me pretty darn dry (from arrowroot powder) and odorless (baking soda and coconut oil), and I never get big zits in my pits anymore. I also noticed that with commercial stuff, it would stop working after a month or so, and I'd have to switch it up with a different brand, but not so with this stuff.

My girlfriend thought I was loosing my mind, but after a month I got her to try it and she loves! She has the sweatiest, stinikiest armpits, and no over the counter deodorant can even come close to taming it (even the $8 ones!). It's super effective, and pretty darn cheap, and you know exactly what's in. What's not to like?

Comment

DH was having a heck of a time with local deodorants, and we would buy natural stuff from the US at a bazillion dollars a container, which wasn't working fab anyway. I recommended straight old CO on his pits, and it works. He can even work out without making a stench.

Comment

I recently started doing this instead of using my rock ("crystal" sounds so effeminate. It's a freakin' rock that I rub in my armpits, dammit!)

Works great for me, and just means one less thing I have to keep on the bathroom countertop, since I already use coconut oil for shaving. And hair gel.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Wow, gonna try that before going for a run at lunch. Thanks for the tip!

My recipe is 1/4 cup CO, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (cornstarch works too, but seems a little more gritty), and then about 15 drops of mixed essential oils, current favorite is eucalyptus and peppermint.
          Going to try that asap. I love sandalwood, what a great way to customize a gentle smell.

No, how can i convince my husband to try it? His deodorant is AWFUL!
          Last edited by Leida; 02-22-2013, 09:43 AM.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
          X