No announcement yet.

Holiday Horror Stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually was able to stay away from most of the "bad" stuff for 3 turkey dinners, since most of the deserts were store-bought. But I did have some of the shortbread cookies my sister made...using lots of butter, mmmm. For me, the cheats this week have been all the good Chinese food that I miss out on when I'm away at school at a small city. I been mostly good except for today...Dad had brought home a big container of all the dim sum items I used to love - deep fried sweet and sticky pork dumplings, bbq pork buns, egg tarts. I felt guilty at one point, but then took a nap and went to the gym and ate some more. But tomorrow, I'll be doing the 6-week cure (but only the first 2 weeks) to re-set myself. Plus, I decided to go caffine-free this week and this was my first day so I blame part of the binging on that, lol.

Comment

Water weight? Whew! I hope so, that'd be GREAT news!! I hope it leaves soon! But I'll tell you, eating just a few cookies REALLY resets the desire to eat TONS of them.

Cookiecaine get away from me!

Comment

Ok. Anyone else here curious how Mark did during the holidays? lol

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Diet-wise it wasn't too bad, and it helps (?) that I think I'm gluten intolerant.

At my mom's: I was there for a few days. It was very easy to avoid wheat, but she buys into the low-fat-is-good thing so the meals weren't really satisfying. Thinking back on it, I should've snacked on cheese in between meals. One of her christmas gifts to me was a big box full of gluten-free baking mixes. Primal? Not really, but it was really thoughtful of her, and I'll enjoy them.

At my dad's: I was only there for 9 hours or so on Sunday, so just one meal. Shrimp cocktail for a football game snack, but I don't like cold shrimp so I passed on that one, which was fine because I was stuffed by the end of the night. Appetizer: my stepmom made matzo ball soup, but she makes the balls and the soup separately so I just had the soup part (broth + veggies)...it was really good and reminded me that I should make more soup. Dinner: BEEF, green beans with butter, mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls...I avoided the rolls of course. Dessert: there were a lot of things to pick from but I went with some vanilla ice cream with tarragon brandy poured over it.

I haven't told them about PB yet. I don't see them that often and they already have to be mindful of gluten for me.

Comment

Working...
          X