Paleo challenge and late night munchies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo challenge and late night munchies

Okay, so I have finally committed to a 30 day challenge and started yesterday. The day went well, no cravings, no problems, but the night time (between when I put the kids to bed and I went to sleep) was crazy. I wanted everything under the sun.

I ate only paleo friendly foods, but a ton of it. Does this go away? is it normal? How long will it take? Eeek, I don't want to fuck up again.

I am a newbie too! I found that some of my daily routine made me get the munchies but, when I thought it through, I realized that I had eating triggers. Like I want snacks after I preform different tasks. Example is I used to want a small bowl of ice cream or cookie after I put the dog out for one last break before going to bed. Now, I just have a large glass of cool water and it seems to satify the craves. Perhaps is it the same with you.

Comment

We are creatures of habit. The first step in breaking a habit is to recognize it, which you've done. Now try to do something different than your habitual routine before bedtime, and break the old habit.

My husband and I got into the habit of watching TV and having a dessert before bed. First I tried having "better" desserts, like making coconut milk popsicles or such. But that still played into the habit of wanting to eat something sweet at that time, and we were eating too many carbs as a result. Now, we will take a stroll outside or play Scrabble, or lately since it is so nice, sit out on the deck with a glass of mineral water and chat. We've also replaced the ice creams and chocolates with some fresh summer fruit.
      Positively Radical — Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Comment

I find IFing takes care of this. Get focused on doing stuff throughout the morning and early afternoon, then stuff your face for dinner time. By the time you've vacuumed up all the primal food you can, it'll be time for sleep.
        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Working...
        X