Having surgery Monday and won't be able to exercise for at least 3-4 weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having surgery Monday and won't be able to exercise for at least 3-4 weeks

How do I go about staying lean and keeping gains to a minimum?

just eat at maintenance?

bump

Comment

I've noticed my appetite disappears when I don't exercise. IFing is very easy for me. So hopefully you'll be able to keep your eating to just a maintenance level without too much of an issue.

Comment

can u at least walk? I remember when i had my blessed hysterectomy, i couldn't ride my bike or jog for 4 wks. It was so frustrating b/c i felt great but i just couldn't stress those healing cuts. So i walked and walked and walked. By the time i was allowed to ride my bike again, i was like a firecracker of energy! Sometimes it's good to have a break, even if it's forced by unpleasant circumstances.

now if you're not able to use your legs, like when my husband had a broken leg, well damn. You have my sympathies. I don't have any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine View Post
          can u at least walk? I remember when i had my blessed hysterectomy, i couldn't ride my bike or jog for 4 wks. It was so frustrating b/c i felt great but i just couldn't stress those healing cuts. So i walked and walked and walked. By the time i was allowed to ride my bike again, i was like a firecracker of energy! Sometimes it's good to have a break, even if it's forced by unpleasant circumstances.

now if you're not able to use your legs, like when my husband had a broken leg, well damn. You have my sympathies. I don't have any suggestions.
          I can walk after a week but that still leaves 2-3 where that is all i can do.

Comment

not many people have had to deal with this?

Comment

You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22802.html

Personally, I would suggest just focusing on eating clean and walking. Also to aid healing, I would suggest lots of home made bone broths, liver, fish eggs, etc.

Hope your surgery goes well.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
              X