Happy 65th birthday, Freddie Mercury!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 65th birthday, Freddie Mercury!

Today it is Freddie Mercury's, singer from Queen, 65th birthday! Im a big fan of Queen and Freddie's solo-material and maybe theres more Queen/Freddie-fans around here?

I was born 1990 so Im too young to have had the chance to see Freddie perform, but the cd's, dvd's and youtube-clips gives me the chance to appreciate this band.

Let's remember Freddie Mercury, the charismatic entertainer, musical genious and a charming human being who spread so much joy!

queen fan here too, and never got to see them live.
    watcjong 'Live st Milton Keynes' at this very moment though....
    RIP Freddy, NOONE can ever fill your shoes!!!

Comment

Lifelong Queen fan here too. The first time I heard them (according to my parents) I was 9 days old and my parents were watching Live Aid live on tv. Happy birthday, Mr. Mercury! It's hard to believe that this November will mark 20 years since we lost you.

Comment

I saw Queen in LA for the Day at the Races tour, Blue Oyster Cult was their opening band. Strange combo! My memories of the event are rather foggy, literally. I was pretty stoned, and a smoky cannabis haze shimmered in the air.
        I actually prefer early, big-hair Freddy to cheezy mustache and leotard Freddie.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSADx...layer_embedded
          Rest in Peace, Freddie.
          Last edited by Paleobird; 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium (Exclusive stream) - YouTube

and of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

NO ONE LIKE FREDDIE MERCURY! ONLY ONE!

There is a great and touching 1-hour documentary about him called "A Kind of Magic," available on YouTube. He takes after his mum, as you will see.

Here's part 1:

Freddie Mercury Documentary - A Kind of Magic - Part 1 - YouTube
              Last edited by TigerLily; 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM.
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Freddie's death was such a huge loss. Here's to remembering the wonderful Freddy Mercury.

Comment

Something I don't think a lot of younger folks realize is that Freddie was the ultimate showman and had an operatic quality voice but the other three guys who made up queen were just as talented. Together, they were a force of nature.

Comment

Totally agree. The four of them coming together like that, at just that time = an incredible stroke of good fortune for us all to have witnessed.

Reason #1 why I love YouTube so: being able to watch live performances of ROCK LEGENDS, IN THEIR PRIME.
                    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Something I don't think a lot of younger folks realize is that Freddie was the ultimate showman and had an operatic quality voice but the other three guys who made up queen were just as talented. Together, they were a force of nature.
                      Indeed. Bohemian Rhapsody would just not be the same without Roger Taylor's dog whistle :-)

Comment

'Fat Bottom Girls" = closing in on 4 million views, all these years later. They were the champions, for sure.

Comment

Amazing voice and talent. Hard to believe it has been that long ....
                          Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                            Indeed. Bohemian Rhapsody would just not be the same without Roger Taylor's dog whistle :-)

And, of course, Brian May is truly a virtuoso guitarist.

Yes, this was truly a group of four highly talented men.

Comment

Happy 4,215th birthday, Muntuhotep of Memphis!
                              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                              X