Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleep Much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sleep Much?

    Ok here is the deal. I go to bed and only end up sleeping 5-7 hours. I have a hard time believing this is all I need as I am ready to drop come bedtime. I do not have caffeine after 7am. I have tried drinking something warm before bed, showers before bed. About the only way I sleep longer is to take an NSAID (which I hate doing unless in pain).

    I also notice when I exercise, I sleep less (what's up with that?). I guess a major part of this rant is today is a holiday and I have been awake since 3:30am.. not even my regular 4:30am wake up time or 6am weekend wake up time. ARG!
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  • #2
    Ok hard to pinpoint potential issues without seeing your diet, but this is what affected my sleep (and quite severely so):

    I learnt not to eat coconut butter after 3 pm. If I do, I wake up at 2 am and stay awake.
    Not to have my fish oil later than 5 pm. See above, same issue.

    I started taking magnesium 2 hours before bed and that really helps. People here swear by Natures Calm.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have some calm but have not used it in a while and have not been good about taking fish oil (oh lately it makes me soooo sick). Last night had a filet mignon, brussell sprouts, a little fruit nothing unusual. I usually only use coconut oil in the AM but I did have some decaf coffee with coconut milk.

      So my question is why would coconut keep a person awake? It does not have caffeine, right?

      I am thinking your suggestion about magnesium is a good one though.
      Karin


      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

      What am I doing? Depends on the day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        I have some calm but have not used it in a while and have not been good about taking fish oil (oh lately it makes me soooo sick). Last night had a filet mignon, brussell sprouts, a little fruit nothing unusual. I usually only use coconut oil in the AM but I did have some decaf coffee with coconut milk.

        So my question is why would coconut keep a person awake? It does not have caffeine, right?

        I am thinking your suggestion about magnesium is a good one though.
        I asked the same thing about the coconuts because I found it very puzzling. Simply put, it's like rocket fuel for your brain and body. You don't want that energy just before bed. Coconut milk doesn't affect me, but the oil/butter really stuffed up my deep sleep.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
          I asked the same thing about the coconuts because I found it very puzzling. Simply put, it's like rocket fuel for your brain and body. You don't want that energy just before bed. Coconut milk doesn't affect me, but the oil/butter really stuffed up my deep sleep.
          WOW! Who knew?? Maybe thats my problem then because I love my coconut milk. Well this evening, I will have some decaf green tea straight and a shot of calm and see what happens. Thanks for the input I sure hope this works.
          Karin


          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            WOW! Who knew?? Maybe thats my problem then because I love my coconut milk. Well this evening, I will have some decaf green tea straight and a shot of calm and see what happens. Thanks for the input I sure hope this works.
            It worked instantly for me. Fingers crossed it works for you as well. Let us know how you go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ditto on the fish oil...i forbot and took mine last nigt before bed and did not sleep worth a damn!

              Comment

              Working...
              X