Grok with a cold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grok with a cold?

Got a cold/sinus issue right now. Made me ask the question: How would Grok have treated a cold?

He couldn't stop doing the things he needed to do, but some how he would need to deal with it. Maybe we're all just soft weenies now and he would have just toughed it out. Who knows? Anybody got any input?

bet you he fasted. whenever i felt a cold coming on, i would fast for 24hrs and it helped. either i felt just mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

Comment

grok would have barely noticed it and kept going hard or else he is food for big mammal

Comment

Probably just slept. And maybe certain herbs.
        I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Yes, many hours of sleep = fasting by virtue of unconsciousness. That gives the immune system a boost and POW - beat down on the bug! A little extra water is fine, but if it keeps waking you up to pee, cut back.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

actually, bet you it was very rare he even got a cold. he ate well and exercised and the people around him ate well and exercised too.

Comment

JoPaleo, that's the conclusion I came to as well. Plus, he was well adapted to his environment, so in the absence of new viruses/bacteria his immune system was already adapted to fighting the contagions in his home territory.

Thanks y'all. Took the day off work, so I got the rest thing down and I've been fasting for most of the day the last two days (1 meal a day). I figure if I'm not hungry then why eat?
              Last edited by dulas; 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Also colds/flu like we get now are largely an inheritance of our agrarian, city dwelling ways. It's hard for bug to survive long term in small groups, where immunity would quickly either build up, or it would kill off it's hosts. Those conditions didn't change until we started living in cities with large enough groups for a virus to spread constantly to new, un-immune people.

Also, our paleo environment didn't contain a lot of surfaces where viruses could hand out and wait for someone else to infect. Grok didn't touch a lot of doorknobs, telephones, and service counters. His environment was exposed to constant UV rays as well, which is one of the best disinfectants around.

Comment

Yep, wild animals in wild environments rarely get sick from airborne pathogens. Just not a lot of opportunity for bugs to spread in small, low-density populations.

But if he did get a cold or other infection, his immune system was probably pretty damn robust, and he probably took a nap and sat around for a while until he felt better. Just like we do.
                  Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dulas View Post
                    JoPaleo, that's the conclusion I came to as well. Plus, he was well adapted to his environment, so in the absence of new viruses/bacteria his immune system was already adapted to fighting the contagions in his home territory.

Thanks y'all. Took the day off work, so I got the rest thing down and I've been fasting for most of the day the last two days (1 meal a day). I figure if I'm not hungry then why eat?
                    Good plan. Get well soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X