Did you guys feel that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys feel that?

Anyone else on the east coast just feel their house shake?
    "One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

Yes, I am at work on the 3rd floor. Crazy!
    East coast earthquake felt in Triangle - Local/State - NewsObserver.com
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

Yeah, our building shook in New Castle DE. Earthquake 5.8 90 miles SW of Washington DC

Comment

On a 12th floor in Manhattan, we felt the tremors. I wish cell phones were working though so I could call my parents in DC, just in case.....
        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
        -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Everybody is calling somebody, that's why the cells aren't working the system is probably overloaded.

Comment

yup.... buildings were shaking and people are being evacuated

Comment

BTW there's another quake predicted for 4pm ish.
              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Yep, 7th floor of a big 'ole concrete apartment building in Toronto and I felt it.

Comment

yep , we felt it in Concord N.C. only lasted a few seconds
                  "Misfortune
                  can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                  come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                  new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                  things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
                    Where did you read that?
                    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Definitely felt it in Baltimore. NOT PLEASANT five floors up
                      Grass Fed Beef Restaurants

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
                        Seems unlikely to me. They really don't have much of a way to predict them aside from looking at what we've had from previous earthquakes. If anything there will be some aftershocks, nothing very strong. We got lucky, no reports of injury. If you're close, don't be surprised if cell phones are difficult to use because of the overwhelming calls being made and just stay alert for those shocks. Stay safe.

We felt it all the way up in north central PA, but the rabbits and rats in my house didn't even bother waking up. I live in a trailer so I'm used to things like the washing machine sometimes making the house shudder a bit, but it wasn't on and it just didn't feel right. It was one of the first things I thought of, but I almost felt like an idiot at first for thinking it. I mean, here?

Comment

We felt it on the 3rd floor in Southwest Ohio!

Comment

I didn't feel a thing in Knoxville... but I wasn't much paying attention either.
                            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                            ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Yup, in MD it was pretty damn strong. Things were falling off the shelves in the Giant I was at. Pretty scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X