The 'heart attack proof' diet? - CNN.com

i think its bullshit, how about you?
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

You might not die of a heart attack ... but you'd probably die of boredom!
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I don't know about heart-attack-proof but that diet will give you alzheimer's and other brain diseases like nobody's business.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

"Anthony Yen, an entrepreneur who emigrated from China and came to love the fried foods, meat and deserts of the American diet, adopted the Esselstyn program in 1987 after undergoing bypass surgery"

They don't eat meat in China?
          Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

No because you see, the Chinese have Chinese medicine, which is all yin-yang, which means they have a healthy mindset, which means they don't eat meat.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Someone should tell the Chinese that. A friend of mine recently went home to visit her family, and she kept posting pictures of her food on Facebook--pretty much any animal you could imagine eating, cooked in about a million different delicious-looking ways. She shared one meal that consisted of 5 or 6 different kinds of meat. And we're not talking "meat as seasoning" dishes, either.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I read this article over a plate of eggs and meat.
                "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

In order to survive without meat (survive, not thrive) you would need much of the processed crap which vegans eat OR year round access to many seasonal foods from around the world. The Tarahumara have neither.
                  Has anyone actually looked up their diet? I'm quite certain it's meaty in some way.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                    In order to survive without meat (survive, not thrive) you would need much of the processed crap which vegans eat OR year round access to many seasonal foods from around the world. The Tarahumara have neither.
                    Has anyone actually looked up their diet? I'm quite certain it's meaty in some way.
                    Alex, a quick Google shows they are migratory herders (transhumance) who raise goats, sheep, and cattle. I would assume they eat animal products since there's not much point in herding them otherwise.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Did a "vegan experiment" for 6 weeks earlier this year after ready about the Engine 5 diet ... written by this guy's son. The first week I felt good. I think it was a nice detox of the sugar I was eating. Then the bad stuff started happening. First of all I did not lose any weight after the first week. Second, I developed a horrible red blotchy bumpy scalp condition. Third, I had no energy for my workouts. I ditched the whole thing one day when I was craving protein so bad I could have eaten an entire side of beef! I decided that day that I was surely a carnivore and accepted that. Shortly after that I found this site. I am here to stay! PS my scalp is back to normal and I can eat all the beef (grass-fed that is) I want to.

PSS...hubby, who has had high cholesterol forever jumped on the PB bandwagon and his numbers are now in the normal range. It is pretty amazing.
                      Knee deep in the water somewhere got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair. Zack Brown Band

Comment

My husband's cholesterol is also excellent since he went primal (he is most of the time), but his LDL is very low and he is on niaspan to raise it. We'll know in a few days if it's working. I am totally biased towards Primal and think Paleo/Primal is definitely the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X