Soft fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft fat

Ok, I have a stupid question...well sorta....but what does it mean when your fat starts to get softer. My hips and thighs have gotten a lil softer but I can also feel more muscle as well.
    I realize now, we are no different than our ancestors from millenniums ago. We are just cavemen with technology.

Probably means it's going away.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      Probably means it's going away.
      I'd have to agree with that statement. My fat used to be hard like rock and now its more cushy to say the least and it seems to be melting away.
      Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel730 View Post
        Ok, I have a stupid question...well sorta....but what does it mean when your fat starts to get softer. My hips and thighs have gotten a lil softer but I can also feel more muscle as well.
        Best thing I was told when I asked this same question a few years ago:

Before fat goes whooshy(ie goes away) it goes squishy.

Comment

IIRC, I read a theory that when your body uses the fat that's stored in the fat cells, that fat is replaced with water for a while. Hence the squishy feeling. When that water is released from the fat cells, whoosh goes the weight!
          Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
          Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
          CW: 146.8 lbs
          GW 140 lbs
          A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by NDF View Post
            Best thing I was told when I asked this same question a few years ago:

Before fat goes whooshy(ie goes away) it goes squishy.
            Why does that sound like a line from a Mel Brook's movie?
            Georgette

Comment

Lol, I've never heard of this...

Comment

Originally posted by Bissen View Post
                Lol, I've never heard of this...
                My fat is very soft right now. Pretty cool and It's going away!
                Georgette

Comment

That's what I have always heard too ... get's soft, squishy and wooshes away ! I get really excited when I see that happening !
                  Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

I've been like this for the past 2 months. Definitely different.
                    Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                      IIRC, I read a theory that when your body uses the fat that's stored in the fat cells, that fat is replaced with water for a while. Hence the squishy feeling. When that water is released from the fat cells, whoosh goes the weight!
                      That's a theory Lyle McDonald has discussed: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

Comment

Oh this is totally what's going on with me. I'm up a pound over last week and my fat is totally squishy. Strange squishy. I just did an LHT workout and have seen measurable strength increases over last week. All great things. I'm especially looking forward to the woosh that follows the squish, lol!

Comment

yep mines getting all soft too. if you think about it though it makes sense. fat cells dont disappear when you lose weight they just get smaller, so as they shrink your surrounding tissue and skin has to shrink as well. kind of like how when you let some air out of a balloon it gets all squishy
                          Primal Chaos
                          37yo 6'5"
                          6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                          current 338lbs 49" waist
                          goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

I'm guessing its good
                            Georgette

Comment

Another reason could be reduction of visceral fat reducing the tension on fat overlaying the stomach muscles.

Comment

Working...
                              X