Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I ate a box of Mac 'n Cheese

This is what happened:

Two nights ago I was just in a really rotten mood for no reason in particular. I didn't want to cook and just felt generally contrary. So I grabbed a box of Mac 'n Cheese at the store and made that for dinner.

- It was a LOT saltier than I remember it being. That used to be me one go-to comfort food when I was feeling gross, I remember it being creamy and mild and soft. Now though? Salty and mushy were my main impressions.
    - I couldn't finish the whole box. I used to eat a whole box no problem and still be kinda hungry for more, I only ate half of it and was more than done.
    - Next day looooots of gas.
    - Heartburn came back!
    - Next evening the system was evacuated (not pleasant)
    - Return of hypnagogia night terrors! D: (for some reason it's always massive spiders hanging above my head reaching to get me)

Most important thing though
    -> The next morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, that evening was primal curry.

Basically, yeah, I was feeling like crap and said "screw it" and had something absolutely wretched for me for dinner one night. the very next day though I went right back to eating primal.

Primal is my norm, everything else is an aberration

Originally posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    Primal is my norm, everything else is an aberration
    Nice.

Comment

I used to eat that stuff ALL THE TIME. From the age of 18 to 28 I would say that I probably ate more Kraft Mac and Cheese than any other single meal. At least twice a week for dinner.

I have not had any in over a year now. I wonder if it would gross me out too now.
      "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
      - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

yeah, super gross. it's funny how that happens.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

My kids don't even like it anymore (YAY!!!!)

Comment

it is funny how that happens! I had a few sips of diet coke and it taste like gasoline or something to me! gross...i dumped it out.
            I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

wow. i used to really luv me some mac n cheese. I couldn't even throw out the last 2 boxes i had in the pantry. But the first post sorta makes me want to!

last week on vacation i had an occasional flour tortilla, sushi & i ate the rice, 2 nights of indian food (w/ some rice & naan), and a few potato chips. Maybe some other stuff i don't usu eat. It def kinda messed up my system! I'm only today really feeling good like i did before vacation.

Comment

last sunday hubby and i had a cheat day, we had pizza for the first time in 2 months, and i con honestly say, it was gross, and boy did i feel it that night.next day. never again >.<

Comment

Mom made some good ol' oven baked mac 'n' cheese when I was home to visit.

It was awesome. I ate two big bowls.

That is all.

PS. I also didn't post a thread about it.
                  Last edited by Grumpycakes; 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

homemade has got to be a lot better than the box stuff. However, i used to "doctor" mine up so much with jalapenos and sometimes salsa, def a drop or two of pepper sauce, i couldn't really tell how salty it was.

Comment

We still have some Kraft dinner's in the cupboard...why i don't know. I'm loathe to let go! Even though neither of us has touched one in months.
                      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Kraft Foods to split into two companies - Aug. 4, 2011. If they are not renamed Mac and Cheese I shall be bitterly disappointed.

In recent years (pre-Primal). I've gone with the higher end, classier... Shells and Cheese by Velvetta

Comment

Mac and sleeze I've hated that stuff since I was a teenager. I went through a poor phase where that's all I had for a while and haven't wanted anything to do with it since. I never even liked the adult versions years later with other pasta and different cheese (not that there is any actual cheese in MacNSleeze)
                          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

It's sad that when I was a kid, all I knew how to make for dinner was Mac n Cheese with hotdogs. I would heat up frozen peas on the side for a vegetable so it appeared "healthy". Yikes.

Anyway, I had the same experience as the OP when I tried that last box of Kraft Mac n Cheese in my pantry a while back. Salty salty salty chemicals. Did I mention SALTY? I went back to check that I used unsalted butter and that my salt shaker hadn't accidentally fallen into the pot. Nope, just the way it really is. I forced myself to have several bites, and now that memory is so deep in my mind that I shall never crave the stuff again. My dad's homemade macaroni & cheese is a different story......
                            Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
                              Mac n Cheese with hotdogs.
                              OMG! I loved that! Now I never got into the Velvetta shells - it was just too sharp or something ick. Growing up Mom always extra milk for milky mac n cheese - mmmmm. But I admit the last time I had it - it does have a soggy taste...homemade mac and cheese is sooo much better... but I'd add tuna and a can of cream of mushroom soup Mmmmm.
                              sigpic My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Comment

Working...
                              X