X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cold Shower Challenge

Hey primal peeps!

I think you will enjoy this.

I true Grok fashion, I recently took the Cold Shower Challenge, and kissed my hot showers goodbye for a month. I had no idea what would happen... Surprisingly it turned out to be the best experiences of my life.

Read my account here How I Crushed “The 30-Day Cold Shower Challenge” & The Great Life Secret I Discovered |

Let me know what you think, and better yet, step up to the challenge yourself!

Phil

Great stuff for finishing the challenge. Not for me at this point methinks, but I kinda like the idea of going for an ocean swim every morning instead (I live near the beach)

Comment

I started taking colder showers a few weeks ago and it's pretty refreshing. I have to ease into the shower, though, or my heart does flip flops.

Liam, I can only imagine how amazing a morning ocean swim would be. You lucky son of a gun, go for that swim!
      I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

i usually take warm showers myself, then when Im done cleansing I slowly inch the water down to full cold side and soak it up for a few minutes, it's as refreshing as I need . Ive never showered straight cold, on purpose.

Comment

Liam: Morning ocean swim beats a cold shower that's for sureeeeeee! I live about a 15 minute bike ride from the beach, so super close all things considered, but just a little out of reach for the morning wake up!

Comment

Cold showers are awesome! I can't remember the last time I used any hot water to shower. Then again, I live in Georgia and it's summer. The "cold" tap water isn't even that cold. And it's really hot outside, so it always feels good. But I took only cold showers in the winter also. Refreshing!

Comment

I love this! I started my challenge last night. The post-workout cold shower was awesome this morning, too!

Comment

I used to complain about the fact that the showers at college take 5 minutes to warm up. Now I relish the cold water whilst it lasts, and then enjoy a cheeky 5 minutes of warm water when it does warm up.
                I love being able to enjoy things

Comment

i got to "enjoy" 11 days of cold showers post-Ike, a few years ago. Even in the sweltering heat & humidity, i was never able to linger one minute longer under that cold water than necessary.

Comment

Awesome blog post! Quoting directly...

"...the little voice in my head kept saying “Dude, this is gonna SUCK!” Uuuh. Well, I wasn’t about to back down, so there was only one thing left to do. I told the little voice to shut up, gathered all my courage, and stepped in.

Holy shit. The little voice was right! It was shockingly cold and it sucked: I was gasping for air, then I started screaming, and then I pretty much just freaked out. I couldn’t handle it. I was out less than a minute..."

This has been my experience with cold showers thus far. Your blog has inspired me to give it another shot though!

Comment

I gotta admit, i started giggling when i pictured you screeching underneath the shower. Good on you! I used to do this naturally when i lived back in Brisbane, although it's not hard when it's like 40C ambient :P
                      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Okay, quick follow-up to my last post. I just took my post-workout shower and, inspired by this thread, decided to make it a cold one. Holy good God that was rough! Benefit: I'm very, very awake right now!

I think the part that bothers me most is the extreme head rush, dizziness, etc, that occurs in the first 30 seconds. I think it's because I hyperventilate like crazy right off the bat. Anyway, I decided to stay in until I no longer felt uncomfortable -- which, to my surprise, happened after about 2 min. At that point I kind of enjoyed it, and stayed in a couple more min.

I actually think I can do this now. I'm in on the 30 day challenge!

Oh, and side benefit: no steamed up mirrors when I got out of the shower!

Comment

Awesome post. Love the story about the swim in sea. But yeah, you are crazy!
                          My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

You people are crazy I'm one of those who just LOVES hot baths and showers. I think even if civilization ended as we knew it, I'd find SOME way to soak in hot water
                            Uncle Dutch Farms - my bloggy home.
                            My review of the Piteba oil expeller - handcranked expeller to make fresh nut oils, coconut oil, etc. Yeah, I love this thing.
                            My favorite kitchen tools - The Homesteader Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Betho View Post
                              You people are crazy I'm one of those who just LOVES hot baths and showers. I think even if civilization ended as we knew it, I'd find SOME way to soak in hot water
                              This. I enjoy me a nice cliff jump into a cold river as much as the next guy, but give me hot water in my daily shower!
                              42 yo female; 5'8"
                              Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                              Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                              Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                              Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X