• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Oz states, 'Fat is an acquired taste.'

I couldn't believe the misperceptions in this article:
    Dinner with Dr. Oz and Family - Vegetarian Cooking - Oprah.com

Anyone care to comment?

When you are trained to think one way for most of your life, It's really hard to challenge yourself to be open to the fact that you may be wrong. I cringe every time I here "saturated fat is bad", or, "eat turkey breast with mustard on whole wheat and low fat cheese". How about eat a steak, steamed brocolli or kale, and a little wine?. Dr. Oz can eat his way and be healthy. I cannot, and niether can many.

Comment

Oh, OK, this is for Dr. Oz and "Conventional Wisdom" in general:

You don't own me, don't hang around
      You don't own me no more
      Oh, you don't own me, don't hang around honey
      You don't own me no more

You made your bed an now you're trying to hide it
      You made a bed of nails
      Although you pinned me down I never tried to fight it
      You had me on the rails
      And now your snakeskin colours are flying
      You're trying to hide your poison disguise
      So wipe the crocodile tears that are falling
      They only make me realise

You don't own me, don't hang around
      You don't own me no more
      Oh, you don't own me, don't hang around honey
      You don't own me no more ...
      ‪The Pirates - You Don't Own Me (Live Rockpalast 1979)‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

I think the reaction from Dr. Oz' son was the most telling of all. The first time he ate meat, he thought it was like 'manna from heaven'. Give that kid some meat!

The whole process of changing my beliefs and learning new things has been incredibly liberating. I love the challenge of new things and new ideas.

Comment

It's a good thing I don't have a TV- I'd probably break it throwing things at it if this idiot ever showed up on it.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

Fat is an acquired taste: acquired at birth.

Comment

I totally agree. I was literally open-mouthed when I read that comment.

Comment

Once again saturated fat is the enemy and causes heart disease. For a doctor he sure is an idiot. I think half the time he is just making stuff up.
                Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

He also operates on the assumption that the average viewer of his show is only marginally more intelligent than a monkey and he feels the need to include the oddest presentations-cum-explanations of how things work. Did anyone else see the giant red plastic box-tent he used to explain the oh-so-difficult-to-understand concept of a fallen uterus? Seriously.

Comment

Canola oil, sugar, cornmeal and tofu - total garbage. How about you eat some real food?

I was going to comment on the site, but there's no way I'm registering at Oprah.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Tina S. View Post
                      I couldn't believe the misperceptions in this article:
                      Dinner with Dr. Oz and Family - Vegetarian Cooking - Oprah.com

Anyone care to comment?
                      Glurgleflurghblargh!

When I was a little girl (4 or 5), I used to go around the table after steak dinners and eat any of the fat that was left over. My parents used to love to tell this story, because I would walk up and ask, "Are you going to eat your fat?" No one "taught" me that. I KNEW it tasted good.

Guh. Crazy people. And he's talking about dessert! I dunno about you, but dessert to me is dominated by SWEET.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Taking advice from Dr. Oz is like waiting for Weird Al to write an original song instead of a parody. That'll never happen.
                        Georgette

Comment

I remember being a little kid and loving the fat on a pork chop. I don't think I'd been around long enough to 'acquire' the taste, I just liked it. Too bad most of today's pork is so lean it is almost inedible.

Comment

I have a couple of friends who cut the cooked fat off of the side of a steak or roast, and one of them has made it pretty clear that he thinks it's disgusting that I can eat mouthfuls of it. Kind of like if I'd eaten a beetle or something. That's conditioning for you.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Simply put, Dr. Oz lives and eats the way he thinks everyone should. He exercises every day (a four-mile run and ten minutes of yoga, plus basketball in his basement court whenever he can), assiduously avoids simple sugars, and eats tiny "meals" at 60-minute intervals.

Read more: Dinner with Dr. Oz and Family - Vegetarian Cooking - Oprah.com
                              Tiny meals at 60-minute intervals? Who has that kind of time to eat every hour?
                              My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Working...
                              X