Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you personally know anyone who has tried primal and failed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you personally know anyone who has tried primal and failed?

Do you know anyone who has done primal at or above the 80% level for long enough to see results and failed? I don't understand how it would be possible. Sure, people are different and the plan might have to be adapted. And it might take a while to see significant results. But Fail? How?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Well, what's your definition of "fail" here? Fail according to their own goals or according to some specific yardstick?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

For starters, I could see a traumatic event (i.e. loss of a loved one, moving to a strange new place, abusive relationship, severe illness or injury) trigger a downward decline.

Comment

Nope - so far I know 8 people that I know have started primal eating in response to my success (either first or second hand).

Six of them have had fantastic success eating this way - losing weight and clearing some persistent health problems. One of them doesn't follow it closely enough to tell yet. The 8th is my sister - she has just started and doesn't seem to embrace the difference between eating this way and just following a low carb diet. She is very very CW - but we are working on it! It's only been about ten days, so I don't know for sure, but I am hopeful
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          Well, what's your definition of "fail" here? Fail according to their own goals or according to some specific yardstick?
          Oh, I guess in their opinion. They said, Fail!.
          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I guess it wasn't a question so much as an exclamation of surprise.
            Ancestral Health Info

Comment

Originally posted by Hedonist View Post
              Oh, I guess in their opinion. They said, Fail!.
              You need to get them to define what they mean by that, then.
              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                You need to get them to define what they mean by that, then.
                I don't personally know anyone who has tried and "failed" nor anyone who has succeeded.
                Ancestral Health Info

Comment

Depends on definitions. 80% means radically different things to different people.
                  Lifting Journal

Comment

I know many who have tried and failed to actually stick with it. Most of them are just too lazy to cook all the time.
                    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

About a year ago I talked to a close male friend of mine who has battled weight issues for year, at this time he was looking really heavy so I approached him about trying primal. After talking in person I sent him an email with some links (mostly to MDA, as I find Mark's style very approachable) in the following 4-5 months he dropped probably 60-70lbs. The difference was striking. He was looking very good and feeling good about himself. Then, his personal life took a hit, he had to move back home, and started working a second job. I'm assuming he went back to unhealthy habits and probably ate a lot at work (where the choices are less than stellar) and he put all the weight back on. I'm not sure if he "went primal" or simply ate "low carb" because he mentioned having done Atkins successfully in the past. I did make a point to have him see the differences and how primal was NOT low carb for the sake of low carb, and how food choices were very important and "low carb franken cheese" wasn't going to be in the menu. I think he understood but again, we never discussed what exactly he was eating.

Now he's back to living on his own and with access to a kitchen and stuff. I still see he favors sweet beverages, beer and things like that. I'm sort of past talking to people about it now though, especially somebody like him that I've already talked to. He's already lost weight before so however he wants to go about it is his business.

So, in short "no" because who knows if he went primal or not, my gut tells me he just went regular low carb.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I know someone who liked it. but didn't think it was worth it. Plus they had trouble cooking. 2 others like it.

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                          I know many who have tried and failed to actually stick with it. Most of them are just too lazy to cook all the time.
                          This is the far and away the most common failure, second would be unrealistic expectations.
                          Lifting Journal

Comment

It's been a month for me on PB and I've gained a lb when I really need to be losing weight. I certainly hope I don't become a primal failure. And by 'failure', I'm referring to not losing weight while on PB. This way of living feels good for me in many ways, just not on the scale yet (or measurements).
                            I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Weight is irrelevant. Please look at "Ditch the scale!" in my .sig for why. If you judge success based on a number, it's time to change what you judge success by. I'm serious.
                              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                              X