Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this logo make anyone else grind their teeth...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this logo make anyone else grind their teeth...?

shapeimage_3..png

...or is it just me?

I'll let you know in 6 to 8 weeks when the image is approved.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

You could give us the link so we can look at it this month.

Comment

Sorry, didn't realise - it shows up for me. What I'm growling at is the logo for the Ancestral Health Symposium.

Comment

Primal yuppies.

Comment

Ken and Barbie complete with spear and purse...or is that a shopping basket? Yeah, not grinding my teeth but I sure as hell do not find it inspiring in any way.

Comment

why would you be grinding your teeth at this?
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Yup, because everyone knows that's what all people should look like...

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  why would you be grinding your teeth at this?
                  I'm wondering this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Yup, because everyone knows that's what all people should look like...
                    Is the logo there telling us that we should be looking like the man and woman in the picture or do people assume that the logo is telling us that we should be looking like the man and woman in the picture?

Comment

Um. Him big Grok carry spear. Her carry... shopping basket? Reminiscent of the children's books where Jane has fun cooking with Mummy while Peter goes fishing with Daddy.

(AFAIK being 'Primal' or 'Paleo' doesn't imply going back to a halcyon age where men and women naturally know their roles and keep to their places.)
                      Last edited by Hilary; 08-07-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

It looks like it was designed by a committee...and that is a bad thing. It fails as a good logo design on several fronts. I also think it looks stupid. Just my trained opinion as a former graphic designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                          Um. Him big Grok carry spear. Her carry... shopping basket? Reminiscent of the children's books where Jane has fun cooking with Mummy while Peter goes fishing with Daddy.

(AFAIK being 'Primal' or 'Paleo' doesn't imply going back to a halcyon age where men and women naturally know their roles and keep to their places.)
                          They could've had her carrying the stuff in her arms as opposed to her carrying the stuff in a shopping basket.

"Roles" don't really bother me. I do enjoy cooking for my husband and doing the cleaning. And I appreciate it when he fixes or builds stuff around the house. I am lucky that he cooks and cleans when he can and encourages me to fix and builds stuff on my own. I am very luck that way.

Comment

Originally posted by cyanne View Post
                            It looks like it was designed by a committee...and that is a bad thing. It fails as a good logo design on several fronts. I also think it looks stupid. Just my trained opinion as a former graphic designer.
                            Sounds like they should've gone with professionals in order to accomplish more integrity and success. tsk tsk...

Comment

Originally posted by JoPaleo View Post
                              Is the logo there telling us that we should be looking like the man and woman in the picture or do people assume that the logo is telling us that we should be looking like the man and woman in the picture?
                              Does it matter? Do magazines explicitly tell you that everyone should look like one of their models? No, but it still has the effect of making real people with naturally varying shapes feel like crap about themselves anyway when all we see are starving twigs with perfect hair and airbrushed skin.

I think the logo fails for other reasons though -- our ancestors did not have the "skinny model walk", I presume, so why are *both* of their legs too close together? They look like they are shimmying down a runway, not walking barefoot over uneven ground. If anyone really walked like that on anything but a perfectly even surface, they'd fall over. PaleoBarbie and PaleoKen, for sure.
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                              “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Comment

Working...
                              X