Famous "Mommy Blogger" Goes Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous "Mommy Blogger" Goes Primal

Heather Armstrong is kind of the Oprah of the Internet (quite well known and popular in her niche). She just posted today that she's been on this new 'weird-ass' diet for awhile, and having "unreal" results.

The results? Unreal. I've lost seven pounds, and I'm starting to see my muscles taking shape. I can already see an incredible amount of definition in my legs and shoulders. I'm never bloated. I have an enormous amount of energy. And, the best part? I'm never hungry. That doesn't mean I don't eat anything. I eat A LOT. But I'm never panicking because I'm so hungry that I might eat my own arm.
    Welcome to the Tribe, Heather!
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

I only read the one post, but I already love it!
    Durp.

Comment

She's actually a very clever, funny writer... Can only help 'the cause' ... :-)
      Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Comment

Link?
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Wherein I go a touch more insane | dooceŽ

I love her!

Comment

I tried to post the link but it didn't show up; maybe posts with links need to be moderated? Try dooce dot com, today's post.

Comment

Heather at dooce dot com wrote another post today entitled "More about this fad diet humans ate for millions of years."

Comment

I HATE DOOCE SO MUCH. She bugs the bejeezus out of me. I had to yank her off my feed reader in a fit of rage a couple of years ago. I can't even explain why I dislike her blog so much.

BUT, I think her public display of affection for Paleo is awesome news!

Comment

Originally posted by ErinC View Post
                  I HATE DOOCE SO MUCH. She bugs the bejeezus out of me. I had to yank her off my feed reader in a fit of rage a couple of years ago. I can't even explain why I dislike her blog so much.

BUT, I think her public display of affection for Paleo is awesome news!
                  hee
                  Word
                  My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

I don't know how I've missed her all these years, but this chick is hilarious. Thanks for this!

Comment

Hmmm...never heard of her, either. Though I bet my wife has... Just at first glance, I'd say she's a little annoying.

But the big reason I posted is this:

I'm basically eating Paleo about 90 percent of the time. In that other 10 percent is a daily cup of coffee I cannot give up (splash of skim milk), red wine, and the meal I eat when going out with friends. Because I do not want to be That Person whose dietary restrictions infringe on the good time of everyone else in the group. Y'all want to get some pasta? HERE IS MY TEN PERCENT.
                      WTF? Skim? She doesn't *quite* get it, yet, eh?
                      Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                      Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

So? She gets it 90% more than most Americans.
                        I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                        Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                        "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Originally posted by tim_1522 View Post
                          Hmmm...never heard of her, either. Though I bet my wife has... Just at first glance, I'd say she's a little annoying.

But the big reason I posted is this:

WTF? Skim? She doesn't *quite* get it, yet, eh?
                          She did indicate it was part of her "10 percent".

Maybe she like the taste? Maybe she's insane? Maybe both?
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Or maybe she's following Cordain's paleo and is reading the first version of _The Paleo Diet_ which is kind of anti-saturated fat (let alone ALL dairy) so...

I do love when random bloggers go paleo/primal though! Love seeing the good word spread!
                            My Before/After Pics
                            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
                            X