Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kangaroo meat, inflamation research

hi all,

this article discusses some research being done here in Australia comparing wagyu beef to Kangaroo... the results arnt surprising. they are coining the term 'Human Interference Factor’ to describe how 'unnatural' the meat has become due to how its fed etc.

ive tried kangaroo a couple of times, it was a bit gamey, but now with primal tastebuds, ill give it another crack!

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/well...801-1i7un.html

cheers, Bedouin
    Last edited by bedouin; 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: dorf- link

+1 for kanga!

Comment

I have to order my roo over the internet. Tasty stuff. Maybe I'll move to Australia.

Comment

Kangaroo is my staple meat. I love the stuff, mainly the steaks I'm not keen on the fillets. Although the tougher kebabs work really well in the slow cooker. Cheap too.
        I rarely eat beef and chicken these days.

Comment

It also makes really good jerky. And roo curry is awesome.

Another good reason to move to Australia, all you lovely Aussie men.

Comment

Is kangaroo expensive to buy in the US? compared to grass fed beef?
            I havn't made jerky out of it yet but I assume it would work well for it because it's really lean.
            Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I've never even SEEN kangaroo meat.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                Is kangaroo expensive to buy in the US? compared to grass fed beef?
                I havn't made jerky out of it yet but I assume it would work well for it because it's really lean.
                Buy? In the US?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! *breathes deep*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Looks exactly like that, but I don't like it quite that raw. And you have to eat it as soon as it cooks because it dries out pretty quick because it's lacking fat content. The fat it does have is high in CLA though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                    Buy? In the US?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! *breathes deep*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
                    You don't have wild kangaroos in the US? Lol

I know at least one company exports kangaroo to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                      You don't have wild kangaroos in the US? Lol

I know at least one company exports kangaroo to the US.
                      I have never seen it at a grocery store or farmer's markert or butcher's shop period. I suppose we could order it online with that ridiculous shipping charge...
                      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

No, there is no kangaroo in the U.S. that I've ever seen. They want us to eat corn and almost nothing but corn.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Maybe Drumroll has a few roos loose in the top paddock. Paleobird lives in the US and enjoys a bit of roo, as she posted above

I love roo fillet, the rarer the better. Tastes good with a carbonara sauce, but you have to cope with the juices turning the sauce pink
                          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I wish I could develop a taste for kangaroo but I find it too gamey...and I've tried it every which way under the sun. Maybe it's all the frozen roo tails in the supermarket freezers here in my town...they're pretty off-putting! Had someone cook one for me once, just chucked the tail, hair and all, on the campfire. Once the hair's blackened it's scraped off then the tail is wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals. To be honest by the time it was done the smell was so bad I couldn't face eating any of the meat, which is very gelatinuous and sinewy apparently and somewhat of an acquired taste.

Don't like many of the native meats here in Australia; kangaroo, emu, crocodile. Love camel though, good thing we have plenty of the feral buggers here in central Australia. The meat is delicious! And given the animals are free-ranging it's all grass-fed guaranteed.
                            Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              I have never seen it at a grocery store or farmer's markert or butcher's shop period. I suppose we could order it online with that ridiculous shipping charge...

That is exactly what I do. And it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X