Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coconut oil health warnings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coconut oil health warnings!

    So I just got back from traveling, and had the AC turned off to save energy. I move to get to coconut oil, I spilled all over the floor because I expected it to be solid. Luckily I still am alive, as I didn't break any bones when I fell, but from now on I'm never touching that dangerous oil.

  • #2
    it is very slippery... lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      I suggest that you rip all your clothes off and roll around the floor to soak it up and avoid waste. Invite your friends to do the same.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bahahaha, mamma! Gold!
        Ramblings of an Unamused Mouse (Lots of Food Porn, Too!)

        Comment


        • #5
          Some see the slippery properties as a negative, some see them as a positive

          Comment


          • #6
            I just coconut oil this past month. It's hot and humid here and while the AC is working overtime, I guess I'm surprised that coconut oil is usually solid. It's only been a liquid for me. I guess that's not normal?
            My primal journal that I don't update enough:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by girlarchitect View Post
              I just coconut oil this past month. It's hot and humid here and while the AC is working overtime, I guess I'm surprised that coconut oil is usually solid. It's only been a liquid for me. I guess that's not normal?
              same thing happened to my coconut oil. I've been wondering if it's safe to consume.
              Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                Some see the slippery properties as a negative, some see them as a positive
                Good point. My husband and I are on the positive side

                Originally posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
                same thing happened to my coconut oil. I've been wondering if it's safe to consume.
                It's just like butter--liquid at warmer temps, solid at colder temps. Nothing wrong with liquid coconut oil!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jqbancroft View Post
                  It's just like butter--liquid at warmer temps, solid at colder temps. Nothing wrong with liquid coconut oil!
                  Thanks for the info. I'll start using it again right away :-)
                  Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Of course it's great to eat! Not great to stand on, but perfect as an oil!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                      Some see the slippery properties as a negative, some see them as a positive
                      Awwwwww yeeeeeeah.

                      Fun fact: As you know, oils are liquids and fats are solid at room temperature. Coconut oil seems to throw it off where I live, but where coconuts grow, room temperature is above its melting point. Science! [Even though scientifically "room temperature" is a degree above coconut oils melting point anyway, whatever.]

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X