Sorry, nothing primal, but I'm just compelled to post this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, nothing primal, but I'm just compelled to post this

Blondes have long been oppressed, and even derided as airheads,which is obviously the opposite of the truth. But now virulent anti-blondism is baying at the moon because the neocon terrorist in Norway is blonde, and he is constantly described that way, as if that were his key characteristic. Other, far more interesting items are downplayed. He is sometimes called anti-Muslim, but never ardently pro-Israel. Though he delights in being a Freemason, and wore his full UN-blue regalia on Facebook, he is never described that way either. In fact, the telltale apron is now cropped out of the Masonic photo, if the photo is used at all. But the European and US media delight in calling him blonde, blonde, blonde, and sometimes blue-eyed, as well, though such identifying details are usually banned from news stories as politically incorrect. But anti-blondism is the essence of political correctness. Clearly, we need a Blonde Anti-Defamation League.

Now, I am not nor have ever been blond. I once had black hair and green eyes. Now have gray hair--almost white--and green eyes. Wait, I'm so old I forget sometimes. Is it green hair and gray eyes.

‪Nat king cole, Nature Boy‬‏ - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDS_nqHaUvc&NR=1

Movie: The Boy With Green Hair. Not about me.
    Last edited by periquin; 07-31-2011, 01:16 AM.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Enough of this crazy talk!

I'm blond because I'm closer to being divine than all the other mud-colored eyes and hair people here. They were made to crawl in the dirt, we were made for higher, purer purposes, like starring in big-budget movies and looking good riding on a horse with wind in our hair. Being blond and green-eyed (hello ladies) has helped me score chicks before, and it's more than I ever asked.

If you're lucky enough to (like me) also have a beard that's red like the fires of Hell, it means you have both the powers of Satan (red beard) and Angels (blond hair), which pretty much makes you a superhero, like Blade.
    Last edited by Winterbike; 07-31-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

He's a male, so it's blond. If they are writing blonde they are being sexist.
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Shh!!! Don't let my family know. They just think it's an ornery streak, and not attributing it to my being blonde. My dark eyes are just a cover-up to trick the masses, but it's worked so far!
        Amy
        ~wife and mother

Started primal a month before the end of my pregnancy with P who is now 1. Went from a size 14 down to a size 4 in less than a year. Now sitting at 20-21% body fat, a solid 130 pounds, and 5'9". Feeling better than ever before, and able to run around and chase my 5 little boys who range in age from 14 months up to 11.5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
          Enough of this crazy talk!

I'm blond because I'm closer to being divine than all the other mud-colored eyes and hair people here. They were made to crawl in the dirt, we were made for higher, purer purposes, like starring in big-budget movies and looking good riding on a horse with wind in our hair. Being blond and green-eyed (hello ladies) has helped me score chicks before, and it's more than I ever asked.

If you're lucky enough to (like me) also have a beard that's red like the fires of Hell, it means you have both the powers of Satan (red beard) and Angels (blond hair), which pretty much makes you a superhero, like Blade.
          Love this!
          Durp.

Comment

Apparently he had plastic surgery (in America, natch) to "look more Aryan".

*sigh*

How about we erase all pictures of him and let the DEED be judged.

As I walked barefoot on the moors earlier, I did wonder how my lily-white ancestors managed not to be eaten, given a distinct lack of camouflage..... (and don't say snow. I go *blue* in the snow )

Comment

Teamwork and tool use, NorthernMonkeyGirl. We didn't really have to hide, because we could take on things when we worked in groups with our clubs and hammers and such.
              By the way, whereabouts are you from? I noticed your name and location; I'm from Lancashire myself.

Comment

Oooooo, Yorkshire native here! Though currently living on the wrong side of the Pennines and shortly moving *whispers* south of Watford Gap :O

Comment

Treachery!
                  I do hope you manage to keep a scrap of your soul alive down there :P

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                    Apparently he had plastic surgery (in America, natch) to "look more Aryan".

*sigh*

How about we erase all pictures of him and let the DEED be judged.

As I walked barefoot on the moors earlier, I did wonder how my lily-white ancestors managed not to be eaten, given a distinct lack of camouflage..... (and don't say snow. I go *blue* in the snow )
                    Because it's a recent adaptation from 6-11k years ago?
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Does dirty blond hair count?
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

From my perspective, which might be giving journalists too much credit, I've thought that the focus on his hair and eye color were two fold
                        a) journalists seem to love to describe Scandinavians as blond and blue eyed when they conform to that ideal. Realistically, not all Scandinavians are blond or blue eyed - not from my experience - but they love highlighting the ideal
                        b) journalists are attempting to highlight that he is not Muslim or specifically not Arab by decent. As the original assumption of some journalists was that the terrorist attack was part of the 'war on terror' they are attempting to highlight that the perpetrator was actually not by a Muslim or Arab.
                        My primal journal that I don't update enough:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Comment

I've been held down by the man as I am the only blue-eyed blonde in the family? Does this make me the mail man's kid or a freak of nature? If so, should I start killing people?
                          Georgette

Comment

Blonde haired with green/ brown hazel eyes and a rather elfin face. To hear several good friends tell it, I look sweet and angelic until I open my mouth. I like it that way. Confuses the hell out of those who would cause me problems. If I'm ever in trouble, all I hafta do is pull out the anime heartbreaker eyes and bam, problem solved.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

I also get the "you look innocent" but yeah.
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X