Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had $20 to spend on primal food.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had $20 to spend on primal food.....

what would you buy? I'm getting groceries in the am, and actually have some wiggle room in the budget this week. I'd like to buy something primal, and would love ideas-especially fun ones Maybe something you buy rarely as a treat, or a stock up item you can't live without? I'm still new to primal eating so I don't have a lot in my house yet. I'm shopping at Meijer btw.

So-if you had $20 to spend at the grocery store, on anything you wanted, (that fit in primal guidelines), what would you buy?
    ~*Sara*~

10 $2 steaks!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Bones to make bone broth.

Sardines or herring.

Ribeye.

Comment

Budget mince and eggs are on the top of my grocery run.
        My primal journal
        25yo female, height 5'7"
        goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
        goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
        ― W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Nuts, cocoa powder unsweet, olive oil.
          Check list done

Comment

Coconut butter.

Comment

Roary giveth meh the butter! lolz
              I swear I could live off nut butters.

Comment

There isn't really anything "special" I have. I would probably take the opportunity to stock up on dark chocolate.

Comment

Steak
                  Chocolate
                  Cheese
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Bison, avacado
                    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Comment

Hard to argue with steak -- ribeye has always been my favorite, and it turns out that with PB, it's the best cut of beef, too (perfect combo of protein and fat)

Followed by any combination of good green veggies -- spinach,asparagus,broccoli

Then if there was anything left, a nice mix of fresh berries.
                      Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                      Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

I love this question because it's exactly what my daily limit is.

You could go a million ways. As far as square meals go, I'll say:

-nice buffalo shank, maybe 1.5 pounds (this includes meat, bone with marrow inside, surrounding fat)
                        -sweet potato
                        -half a cabbage
                        -a couple little purple potatoes
                        -some parsley, canned crushed tomatoes, and onion for taste

That's everything you need for a day at around 13-15 bucks. Of course you can't buy half a cabbage, but that and the other portions you split between different days.

ps-this is a stew in case you didn't figure that out

Comment

If it was twenty extra dollars on top of my normal food purchases I would go with an amazing ribeye steak to have on the grill with a few shrimp to have along side for some surf and turf. Doesn't get any better than that
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I'd buy 7 young Thai coconuts .... but then again I'm a freak.

The checkout ladies at the Asian market get a kick out of the white chick. "You alway like so much coconut, huh?!"
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                              I'd buy 7 young Thai coconuts .... but then again I'm a freak.

The checkout ladies at the Asian market get a kick out of the white chick. "You alway like so much coconut, huh?!"
                              Hahah...what is special about young Thai coconuts? I tried mature, 'normal' coconuts and was not crazy about them.

Am I supposed to be putting the lime in the coconut?
                              Last edited by wiltondeportes; 07-28-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X