Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA pokes hole in AGW/CC alarmists

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Smacks of bias. NASA papers don't refer to past work as "alarmist computer models."

Track down the source. The author is editorializing. He's from a libertarian think tank (sic).

Comment

Originally posted by DFH View Post
      Smacks of bias. NASA papers don't refer to past work as "alarmist computer models."

Track down the source. The author is editorializing. He's from a libertarian think tank (sic).
      In this case, DFH, you can use ridicule all you want to and I will be right there beside you.

Comment

No way! bias in an new article?

Comment

Here is one that doesn't include the word "alarmist":

New Paper “On the Misdiagnosis Of Surface Temperature Feedbacks From Variations In Earth

"For this experiment, the UA Huntsville team used surface temperature data gathered by the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Great Britain. The radiant energy data was collected by the Clouds and Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments aboard NASA’s Terra satellite.

The six climate models were chosen from those used by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The UA Huntsville team used the three models programmed using the greatest sensitivity to radiative forcing and the three that programmed in the least sensitivity."

This study doesn't suggest that global warming doesn't exist. It says that all of the current predictive models are wrong, and explains why the predictions do not match observed data. According to this study, carbon dioxide emissions do not trap as much energy as previously thought...

I tried to find the actual journal article, but for some reason it would not load. Pretty interesting though!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            In this case, DFH, you can use ridicule all you want to and I will be right there beside you.
            Haha. Maybe I should call the Libbie a flat Earther, huh?

Comment

Hey it's just Huntsville! (my neighbors)

One should expect researchers to look for and find better climate models and theories. That's what they get paid to do.

One should not expect climate change to go away, unless someone can figure out how to unmelt all the polar ice that has been melting..

Some trivia.. I used to work for a NASA climate scientist and my name was on the stuff he wrote for that same Remote Sensing Journal..a long time ago.

Comment

"gathered by the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Great Britain."

Tells you all you need to know right there.
                Our own life is the instrument with which we experiment with the truth.

Comment

How do you know they are melting though? Have you measured them or seen them? I don't think they would make it known if it were increasing in size though.
                  My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

My friend was giving me a hard time about going primal; he asked me if all those people were "Paultards" and climate change deniers. I said no.

I hope I wasn't wrong....I don't need nutjob ideas making my already fringe lifestyle appear illegitimate. I know Mark likes Ayn Rand, which raises enough flags for me......

Comment

Originally posted by CoS View Post
                      My friend was giving me a hard time about going primal; he asked me if all those people were "Paultards" and climate change deniers. I said no.

I hope I wasn't wrong....I don't need nutjob ideas making my already fringe lifestyle appear illegitimate. I know Mark likes Ayn Rand, which raises enough flags for me......
                      Ask your friend if he has freed the worker from imperialist rulers yet

Comment

Haha. Maybe I should call the Libbie a flat Earther, huh?
                        Call him anything you want. Go get 'em tiger

Comment

Don't worry CoS. There are a few "Paultards" around here but, although they tend to be very vocal, they are really only a small faction. Hey every group has its wingnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            Don't worry CoS. There are a few "Paultards" around here but, although they tend to be very vocal, they are really only a small faction. Hey every group has its wingnuts.

Comment

Tried to read Fountainhead once just to see what was the fuss. Appalling writing. Couldn't continue to find out what she was on about
                              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Working...
                              X