Gastrointestinal question and Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastrointestinal question and Primal

Call me weird, but I want to know if this is normal. I posted before about the number of BM's I was not having, now having gone primal. Many said it is because there is less waste as if I were eating grains and such. True? Does this go hand in hand with the amount of gas I have and or pass. I have noticed that I virtually pass no gas and if I do, I do not stink up the whole room. Mind you I AM NOT COMPLAINING ONE BIT. I just want to know if this is an affect of eating primal. I know I'm weird. But I am a scientific person and was just curious to know.

Oh, nobody told you? We don't fart.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

But when we do, they smell like roses
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

No, you're not weird. You're normal. Just Primal normal.

Comment

Yep. I recall read once that it was "normal" to pass gas 20 times per day. I probably did when I was eating lots of "healthy whole grains". Now its pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
            But when we do, they smell like roses
            I thought they smelled like bacon.
            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I actually have more BMs, but gluten intolerance (and a host of other food issues) caused constipation. My diet pre-primal wasn't completely SAD though, so the change wasn't drastic. I was already eating lots of veg and fruit which I had to stop and by eliminating all grains and most starches and adding good fats my guts settled into a happy routine. I think most people have a significant adjustment period when first going primal.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I've noticed myself and my wife have had less passing of gas since we started this. Yesterday she was complaining about how beer causes that. I think she finally believes me!

Comment

Working...
                X