• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Mark's Daily Apple Forum for

Michigan.

5 Days on the Great Lake!

With my inlaws.

ALL my inlaws.

Wife's family reunion (i see Dutch peoplelelelele). No Computer. No Interwebs. But plenty of camping and cooking in fires and walking across logs, and other fun grokkiness. Update follows late Wednesday/early Thursday.

C-ya!

Goeie reis! Stay away from the stroopwaffels.
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Have a great trip! Be safe!
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

Stay away from the stinky fish.
        I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

I'm so jealous—of the trip, not being with the in-laws. Hope you have a great time.
          “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

A place without internet! Has the apocalypse already started??
              "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
              -J.Stanton

Comment

Enjoy greatly and primally. See you at the store after you get back.
                Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Have a good time!
                  ~Blog~

Comment

Originally posted by brahnamin View Post
                    Michigan.

5 Days on the Great Lake!

With my inlaws.

ALL my inlaws.

Wife's family reunion (i see Dutch peoplelelelele). No Computer. No Interwebs. But plenty of camping and cooking in fires and walking across logs, and other fun grokkiness. Update follows late Wednesday/early Thursday.

C-ya!
                    get thy grok on!!!
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Have a fantastic time! I am off for a week of hiking, rock climbing, slogging and communing with nature, my family and friends at July 17 - 23, 2011 -- Radford, VA | SUUSI It's a wonderful week!!

Comment

Going camping? Get a box of careless matches. They say that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes just about a whole box of regular matches to start a camp fire.
                        Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun (even with the in-laws, lol)!
                          I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Good time for a Brain Reset!!!
                            WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                              get thy grok on!!!
                              I suspect any religion would become a bazillion times more fun simply by adding that commandment.

Practiced Grokiness
                              Fire-Roasted animals (and veggies seared in coconut oil on the camp stove)
                              Regular swims out to the sandbar (relaxing swims. file under play and move at a slow pace)
                              Hauling logs and tree trunks and chopping firewood (cheated by using a neolithic steel camp hatchet instead of flint)
                              My personal favorite - Dune Sprints. And the view of the lake from the top was awesome. VFFs (specifically KSO Treks) rock for running up hills of shifting sand.
                              Relaxing with my wife and kids.
                              Watching a lightning storm through the tent roof.
                              Teaching the kids to dig redirection ditch around tent.
                              Watching my dog go primal on a huge assortment of flying insects. Failed to teach her to eat crawling insects. Ants apparently aren't as appealing as wooshing dragonflies and skeeters.

All in all - great weekend. Did not miss the interwebs (though my daughter exhibited withdrawal symptoms early in the week). Did not miss my electronic leash - erm - I mean *cell phone* - did not miss the trappings of civilization much at all.

That said, I'm extremely glad to be back. Say what you will about modern mattresses, the simple fact that mine is positioned so I merely have to swing my legs over the edge to stand up makes it today's best friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X