Camping!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping!!

As soon as this night shift is over, I'm going home, grabbing my stuff, and headed off for a weekend of camping! I'm so excited to be spending a few days outside!!

What's your favorite thing/s to do while camping?

Drink wine and gaze into the fire
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Hiking, canoeing, tubing, rafting, swimming, reading...

and what Kenn said :-)

Comment

Ooooo ... what a great weekend for you!!!

I love hiking in the woods and along riverbanks. Plus canoeing or kayaking (former Wisconsin girl - camping and canoeing were almost inseparable growing up). I love swimming in icy cold rivers and drying out in the sun. I love eating at a campfire after a great day outdoors - everything always tastes better - and waking up with the sun knowing I have a great view from my sleeping bag and will have another great day outdoors.
        My primal journal that I don't update enough:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherJ View Post
          As soon as this night shift is over, I'm going home, grabbing my stuff, and headed off for a weekend of camping! I'm so excited to be spending a few days outside!!

What's your favorite thing/s to do while camping?

I'm not the person to ask. The first thing I thought after reading your first sentence was "I'm sorry". lol I don't "get" camping. I have a house with a perfectly good bed in it. I don't want to pretend I'm homeless.

Yes, I realize that isn't very primal. :P
          ~Sandy

Comment

Lucky!!

My fav's: burning food on sticks and watching the stars.
            See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

Climbing trees and getting splinters.
              ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

The smell of the camp fire and days spent floating down the river.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

My favorite is to find a comfy rock in the evening and sit there listening to a mountain stream and watching any wildlife that happens by.
                  Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Outdoor sex. (did I just type that?)

Comment

Favorite camping stuff to do:
                      - hike unexplored areas
                      - climb anything
                      - gather wood & make fire without matches/lighters, take it a step further and try it in a rain
                      - cook great food on an open flame
                      - drink a lot and not care about the life I temporarily left

As a matter of fact I was planning on going camping this weekend (my first free weekend in more than a year) but due to some unforeseen circumstances it's been downgraded to a full day at a beach, which is still awesome.

Comment

I love camping and have had many camping trips since I was very small. I camp between 40 and 60 days a year in all weather. I enjoy getting away from mundane life and enjoy the smell of the woods. I enjoy the peace and quiet and the break in schedule. My children enjoy camping as much as I do. When my oldest daughter joined the army, she told me being out in the field was just like camping-only with guns. I haven't camped much since my youngest son was born because he is one of those kids you have to watch like a hawk or else he is gone. I really miss camping and hope he outgrows it soon

Ingvildr

Comment

Favorite camping thing is to enter the woods and bushwhack easily and quietly to a secluded place and to be there. Soundless and invisible--at least for the average human ears and eyes. That's it.

Heard a joke yesterday and am telling everyone. It might fit here.

If going camping take a box of careless matches. They say that one careless match can start a forest fire, yet it sometimes takes a whole box of regular matches to start a camp fire.
                          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Zoning out while staring into the campfire. Laying in the dark and staring into the night sky looking for meteors and shooting stars. Hiking. Beach combing. Kayaking. Listening to the waves crash. Being woken up by the pre-dawn birds. Roasting smokies/sausages on a stick over the fire.

I just went camping this weekend. It rained on and off but we had tarps and it was so mild that capris and a hoodie were fine. The rain made everything smell so fresh and meant there was no camp fire ban (yet!). Plus it meant the park was not very busy. The rain mostly fell during the night. Stayed away enough to do a bit of hiking and exploring and to have a good fire going in the evening. But there is something so nice about being cozy in your sleeping bag listening to the rain fall on the tent.
                            The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Comment

Working...
                            X