coconut milk/ coconut oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconut milk/ coconut oil

hey i wanted to try coconut oil and milk, where do you all usually get yours from? i live in san diego if that helps

I buy it in the can, organic coconut milk. It is blended coconuts with some guar gum. It is smooth like sour cream, tastes great. For more of a beverage type thing I get the brand "So Delicious" unsweetened cocnut milk. Comes in the milk section in a carton at most whole foods type places.
    Last edited by L8F; 07-08-2011, 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

I get coconut milk and little boxes of creamed coconut in the 'ethnic' aisle at my local grocery. Usually in with Jamaican or caribbean foods. I've only seen coconut oil in the health food section.
      Last edited by belinda; 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM.
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Where in San Diego? My folks are in the South Bay, by Chula Vista. If you can get to a Henry's, I found extra virgin coconut oil for 8 bucks, and change. I also found some at Ralph's; I'm not sure of the quality, but it won't apply to me since I'm heading back to Oregon next week.
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

For coconut milk, Costco has the 8-packs of the Chao Koh brand. That's usually where I get mine.
          "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

I order it on amazon.com.

Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk, 13.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Comment

I order my coconut oil from amazon. I have 2 Nutiva 54oz containers for ~$40 on subscribe and save. Much cheaper than the grocery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt3R View Post
                I order my coconut oil from amazon. I have 2 Nutiva 54oz containers for ~$40 on subscribe and save. Much cheaper than the grocery.
                Same here.
                Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Hello fellow San Diegan,
                  Henry's, Whole Foods, or the Ranch 99 Asian supermarket on Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Comment

I am San Diegan transplanted in Atlanta currently.

I make my own coconut milk most of the time. I buy canned coconut milk for when I want to make a smoothie in a hurry. I buy my coconut oil from Whole Foods or online from Tropical Traditions.
                    Pax, Lux

Comment

Working...
                    X